Chapter 11

Taehyung's P.O.V

As I watched Nabi be attacked by a bunch of crazy students, I realized that, maybe, I should do something to help. But just as I began to think of a plan, Rachel came up and linked arms with me again. Aish. I thought in dismay as she dragged me away. Sorry, Nabi.

"Don't you want to see V?" I asked, looking back at Nabi, who was still hopelessly trapped and growing more panicked looking.

"I have this theory. If I act like I don't really care, like those other girls, maybe they'll notice me. What do you think?" Rachel replied.

"That's a great idea, you should share it with all of the girls in Jegug," I told her.

"Oh, come on. Then I would be back to square one." She shook her head. "I can't do what everyone else is doing."

I didn't respond, I was trying to catch another glimpse of Nabi, hoping she'd made it out of the situation. She was gone. And the girls were slowly dispersing. Huh. I frowned. How had she escaped?

Rachel brought me to her locker, chatting away. Soon all of her words just blended together, until I could hardly pay any attention. Once she'd grabbed her lunch from the locker, I was dragged to the cafeteria.

"Aish. It's so frustrating, you know?" She was saying as we entered the loud room.

"Oh. Sure," I replied.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Sure."

"Then what were we talking about?" She asked.

Before I could mumble some lie, I noticed that Nabi was sitting with my band at our usual table.

"Nabi," I said under my breath.

How'd she get here? Maybe one of them had found her with the fans.

"That's right, Nabi. We were talking about you. And how V was sitting at your desk!" Rachel squealed.

"Of course," I replied turning to her.

"Ah. Do you think he likes you? I mean you've never even talked before," She chattered as we sat.

I chuckled a little. She had no idea.

"Not to mention the fact you hate him...you can be so empty headed. You know that?" She shook her head.

"What? Hate?" I was finally paying attention.

"I mean, how can you hate such beautiful and talented men?" She said thoughtfully, chewing on an apple slice.

"Hate is a strong word," I replied.

"It is. So why do you use it all the time?"

"All the time?" I squeaked.

Nabi hated us? Me? Why? My thoughts suddenly turned to the day I'd first seen her. Watch where you're going, echoed in my memory. Okay. So that was harsh. But it wasn't a justifiable reason to hate someone. I scowled at my normal table.

"Actually, I think they're all quite attractive," I sniffed.

Rachel's mouth dropped open, the
apple slice she'd been crunching fell to the tray. She stared at me that way for a long time. Exactly how much does Nabi hate us?