Chapter 34

Taehyung's P.O.V

I tapped my thumb against the phone screen in anticipation, waiting for Hoseok to reply. He'd been avoiding me; ignoring my texts and calls, eating lunch in the library at school, and had even grown distant from the the other members. Ever since I told him I was leaving.

It's not like I wanted to leave. Of course, I didn't. I was extremely upset about the whole thing, and him ignoring me wasn't helping at all. But my dad needed the job. My whole family needed it, and I was just a high school student. The worst part about it was the suddenness. I'd only found out a week before our departure. My parent's excuse had been something about the world always being in fast-motion and that we needed to catch up. A weak excuse.

So I'd sent Hoseok an extremely long and apologetic and deep message. This would make six like it since he stopped talking to me. My phone dinged and I sat up in surprise. But my excitement turned to disappointment when I read the name of the sender.

"Are you busy?" Jimin had texted.

I frowned at the message and sighed.

"Not really. I'm supposed to be packing but..." I replied.

"Need help?" His response was immediate.

"Sure. Why not."

••••••

We packed in silence. After a little while, it became almost suffocating. I sighed and collapsed onto the bed.

"It's only for a year," I said.

Jimin stopped too, and turned to me.

"I know."

"Then why is everyone so upset? Why isn't Hoseok hyung speaking to me?" I asked, although I was really speaking to myself, rather than Jimin.

"A year is a long time, you know?" He sat down next to me. "We have to start university without you."

"At least I'm coming back." I emphasized the "coming back" to reassure myself.

"A year is a long time," he said again, quieter.

"I know," I replied, just as quiet.

A year without my friends. A year without my home. A year without Nabi. And I hadn't even been with her for a year to begin with. I have to tell her. Would she care? Did she hate me? Would she hate me? I didn't know. And not talking to her for the past few days had made me feel even more depressed.

"I'm really gonna miss you, Taehyung." Jimin's voice sounded again through the silence.

"I'm gonna miss you, too."

•••••

The week passed in a blur of packing and tying up lose ends, cleaning and eating takeout. I spent as much time as possible with my friends, whenever my mom released me for a few hours of freedom. Hoseok didn't talk to me until they forced him to come to lunch with us, and even then it was only a few broken words. It hurt, but I didn't try to contact Nabi. I couldn't. Saying goodbye to her would be to much to bear. It would make everything so much more real. I wanted to live in this blurry, dreamlike state for as long as possible. It numbed the pain.

Nabi's P.O.V

I replayed his words in my head wherever I went. I couldn't control it. They were on a never ending replay. When I woke up and when I laid in bed at night. When I was at school or sitting at my old desk. He's leaving became a dull chant in the back of my head. He's leaving. Maybe because I had no idea what to do with this information. Or because it was the last thing I ever wanted to hear. The worst part was that I had to hear it from Namjoon, instead of V himself. But maybe that made it easier.