Chapter 29

Taehyung's P.O.V

I laid there, exhausted, and especially frustrated with myself. It had been a sleepless night, and the worst possible night to not get any sleep, because the competition was only a few hours away, and I needed all the rest I could get. But I'd only gotten about three hours of shut eye. My phone buzzed.

"Aish..." I groaned as I rolled over to answer it.

"Where are you? I've been sitting here for ten minutes!" Yoongi complained over the phone.

"Omo! I'm so sorry, hyung! I completely forgot!" I shot out of bed. "Just give me one minute!"

I threw on some clothes that lay on the floor and scrubbed my teeth for about five seconds. I was out the door in two minutes tops. Or so I thought.

"That was four minutes." Yoongi scowled at me as I jumped in.

"Was not!"

"Were you the one sitting in annoyance and timing it? No!" He grumbled. "And we still have to pick up Jimin and Hoseok."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry," I said, slouching down into my seat.

As it turned out, I wasn't the only one who'd had a restless night.

"Took you long enough," Jimin snapped as he opened the door.

"Why is everyone so grumpy?" I asked.

"Please, no more talking, I have a headache."

"I barely slept a wink last night, what about you guys?" Hoseok asked, cheery as he buckled up.

We were all nervous for the competition, much more nervous than usual. Probably because of the pressure Namjoon was putting us under to win. He wanted to win so badly. I had a feeling it was for my sake. Or Nabi's.

When we got to his house Jungkook and Jin were sitting on the couch, Jin looking annoyed.

"Is it so hard to just be a little on time for once?" Namjoon asked as he walked in.

"Let's just begin," Jin said, getting up in a huff.

The day was certainly not off to a good start.

••••••

"Nabi. I have something to tell you. Can we meet before the show starts?"

My eyes scanned the unsent message for the tenth time, my finger hovering over the "send" option. It just seemed wrong, but at the same time, I was so anxious to tell her. I gulped. Then sighed, tapping the screen. Deleting the message. Not yet.

"Break time's over, dongsaengs," Jimin told Jungkook and I, who were sitting in Namjoon's kitchen.

"We've been practicing for hours," Hoesok whined as we returned to the room.

"It is lunchtime," Jin agreed.

"And the competition is tonight. But if you wanna waste our precious practice time eating, be my guest." Namjoon crossed his arms.

"Fine, fine, lets run through it again."

We started, but I couldn't stop thinking about my unsent message to her.

Nabi's P.O.V

"For the tenth time, Rachel: No way!" I argued.

"Naaaabi!" She whined. "This outfit is perfect! You look amazing! We have to look amazing together!"

"I told you already, I'm not dressing up."

She stuck out her bottom lip and grabbed my hands.

"This is probably like, the biggest school event of the year, and you--" she took in a breath, as if composing herself,"--want to dress how you do everyday?"