Chapter 24

Nabi's P.O.V

The day of the showcase came way to quickly. But, the band seemed actually almost ready, much to Namjoon's surprise. V didn't talk to me after the fight. And I didn't try any harder. I didn't really have anything to say to him, and I was sure he felt the same way. His words still hurt when I thought back to our argument, but I focused on the song for the other members. Except for the whole day of the show, my nerves practically screamed in anticipation.

"You okay there, Tae?" Jungkook asked. "You look like you're about to pass out."

Jungkook and I were sitting at the lunch table together waiting for the rest of the members to come to lunch.

"I-I'm fine, just nervous," I admitted.

"Don't worry, you've been practicing really hard. We'll do great," he insisted.

"I hope so."

"Who's ready for tonight!?" Hoseok came bounding towards the table.

"This guy!" Jimin jogged up next to him.

"What's up, hyungs?" Jungkook grinned at their enthusiasm, but I felt like I was going to throw up.

"Woah there, V. You look horrible," Jimin told me in surprise.

"He just needs something to eat, I'm sure." Jin was suddenly beside me.

"No, no, no. I don't think that's a good idea," I immediately said.

"Come on, you just need some sugar. You look like you're going to faint." Jin helped- or dragged -me up from my spot beside Jungkook.

"Really, Jin. If I eat, I don't think my stomach will hold it."

"Ew." Hoseok wrinkled his nose.

"I believe it. He looks seriously green." I hadn't even noticed Yoongi arrive.

"Trust me, it's energy he needs. Did you sleep at all last night?" Jin was talking again.

I felt really sick now, probably at the thought of eating something.

"I-I need to go--" I grabbed my stomach. "--to bathroom."

With that, I dashed out of the cafeteria. I ran straight down the hall to the bathrooms, and right into the girl's without thinking. I actually did end up throwing up, which surprised me, because I had nothing in my stomach. I flushed the toilet and closed the seat, collapsing onto it in exhaustion. After catching my breath, I realized my mistake when the sound of female voices sounded through the bathroom. I internally groaned at myself. I'm going to have to wait until the coast is clear. I thought in dismay.

"Did you see him running out of the cafeteria?" A shrilly voice said.

"Oh, I hope our baby is okay!" Another one whined.

I cringed. Our baby? It was strange to refer to a teenage boy as a baby. Although, I knew I had to keep in mind how much all of these people loved V and his band. I slumped on the seat, trying to get comfortable. It seemed I would be there for a long time.

"I hope he's okay for the show tonight!" The first one said.

"They're going to be perfect as always, don't worry!"

The two continued chattering as they walked out, and I would have let out a sigh of relief, had I not been opening the the toilet seat again to throw up.

I was terribly nervous for the showcase.

Taehyung's P.O.V

I stared at the clock on the wall of the classroom, anxious for the bell to ring. I just wanted the showcase to be over already, to just be free of all of this nervousness. Of course, I was a probably a hundred times less nervous than Nabi was. Nabi. My stomach ached when I thought about our fight. I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head, thinking about the look on her face. I knew I didn't deserve for them to do well that night. I didn't deserve being able to sit and watch while someone else did the duty I'd been dreading. And Nabi of all people. What was she thinking? I imagined Jin trying to comfort her and forcing her to eat. I knew Nabi would hate that, feeling smothered. Hopefully, Namjoon would help.