Chapter 35

Taehyung's P.O.V

I frowned at the empty room, angry at it for betraying me. It was empty, stripped bare of all that told the story of who I was. It was unrecognizable, a room I'd never seen before. It had betrayed me. Tricked me into believing I'd never have to leave. That I'd never have to see it so empty. The rest of my house was the same. So hollow and echoey. I felt like we were leaving forever, not for a single year. To me, it was stupid that we had to completely remove everything inside. But we had people renting it. I scowled at the thought of someone else using my house as their own.

"Taehyung! We're going to be late!" My mom's voice echoed, unfamiliar, through the lonely hallways.

I sighed and turned my back on the sad-looking room.

"Be right there!" I called back.

When I got into the car, I was silent. My parents were too. I watched in disappointment as my home got smaller and smaller.

"See you in a year," I whispered to the large, lonely house.

•••••••

When we got to the airport all of my friends had already gathered, even Hoseok, to my great relief. I walked up to them and was immediately pulled into a large group hug. The hardest part had begun.

"We're gonna miss you so much," Jin said from beside me.

"I'm going to miss you all even more," I replied with a small smile.

"You'll have a good time in Seoul, trust me," Namjoon said.

"Not without you guys." I looked down, biting hard on my bottom lip.

"Yes, you will," he insisted. "A whole new place, with new people. You'll learn so much. I'm sure of it."

"It's only for a year," Jimin repeated what I'd told him.

"I know."

"But a year is a long time," Hoseok said quietly.

"I know," I replied.

"Maybe some new scenery will inspire you. You'll finally write a good song," Yoongi spoke up.

We all chuckled, but our smiles were all half-hearted.

"I just wish Nabi was here to say goodbye with you guys," I said without much thought.

I glanced up at Namjoon.

"Could you tell them everything for me, please?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he replied.

They all gave us confused glances, but asked no questions.

"Taehyung, it's time to get on the plane," my mom spoke up behind me, sadly.

Suddenly, I felt extremely anxious. I didn't want to leave the band. My friends. Best friends. I didn't want to leave Nabi. Even with our confusing situation. I wanted to stay so badly. I didn't want anything to change.

"Guys..." I whispered.

We all huddled into a large hug one last time. I pulled away after a moment, watching each of them carefully, trying to memorize their features. Though I could never forget.

"We're gonna FaceTime every night! And we'll email and text all the time!" Jungkook said as I started up the ramp.

"We'll visit you as soon as we all raise enough money, okay?" Jin continued.

"Okay! Promise?"

"Promise!" They all shouted.

"I-I love you guys! I'll miss you!" I called.