Chapter 22

So today a pretty big box came in the mail. It was too big for me to carry but light enough for me to lift and now I'm left to just wait and stare at it until Tomato bastard comes home from work. The stupid box just sits there and taunts my inner control freak as I am left to ponder what it may be.

I even called Antonio at one point and he specifically instructed me not to touch it. Argh! What in the actual fuck could it be? He better get home fast.

But judging by the height and weight (or by reading the label) it's most likely bedding. But what kind! Sheets, duvets, quilts, pillows, blankets, full sets, what? I need to know! What if he got bedding for the baby without telling me? That son of a bitch. Sweet thought, but bitchy. I can't believe he'd do that to me. Well, he's going to get it when he gets-

"Lovina I'm home!"

"How could you!" I say coming towards the front entrance.

"Um, what did I do?"

I point to the box and give him a fricking obvious glare but he still doesn't seem to get it.

"You got this. Do you know how hard it's been!"

"Look Lovi, I know you're a bit of a control freak but I really wanted for this to be a surprise..."

"Well then what is it!"

He puts his stuff down and brings the box to the living room before instructing me to sit and watch while he unpacks it. He took a little while but eventually he unpacked it and displayed out the oddly shaped pillow he had bought me.

"So what do you think Lovi?" He says smiling wide.

"Um, What is it?"

"Well, I know you've been having trouble sleeping so I ordered this and it's supposed to help you sleep more comfortably!"

I get up to only then come down to sit on the floor next to him and lean my head on his shoulder.

"I love it, Toni. Thank you. And now we can put it to the test this siesta!"

"Okay, let me help you bring this all up. Don't want you to strain yourself!"

"Yeah, yeah got it man slave. Let's go."

"Yes, Lovi."

"Oh, and one more thing. Let's never order anything else separately again. Especially when getting stuff for the bambino."

"Why not?"

"Because the stress will surely kill me."