Capture The Flag

After Arthur ate, I followed him, with his long strides, into the training court. Here, a group of knights were already practising with each other, in a little bit of a multi-person duel. It seemed the Gwaine had disarmed to men out of the nine, in a way that only he could, and those two were sitting off to the side with no swords looking dejected. The knight who was winning, though, was Leon. He seemed to have gotten four other knights out, who were sitting next to Gwaine's swordless opponents. The only people left on the field were Elyan, Gwaine, and Leon. Elyan seemed to be more on the defensive side than the others. 

As Arthur and I watched from the sidelines, Gwaine managed to disarm Elyan, catching Elyan's sword, then Leon tapped Elyan where his heart would have been. Elyan turned and went to sit with the others while Gwaine and Leon turned on each other. Gwaine dropped Elyan's sword in a small pile, then twirled his own. He now crouched into a low fighting position, mirroring the one that Leon was in, and they circled. Both were waiting for the right moment to attack. 

Arthur shifted next to me, and I knew that he was going to join the fight once Gwaine and Leon finished. Just as I suspected, his hand was already on the dull blade attached to his belt. 

Leon made the first move, throwing a sideways strike towards Gwaine's head. Gwaine ducked out of the way easily, and stabbed towards Leon's left side. Leon blocked it quickly and easily by quickly raising up his sword and bringing it back down. Both went back to circling, waiting for a new moment to strike. It came soon enough. Leon started again, this time aiming for Gwaine's knees to try and get him off balance. This meant that Leon was bending down, which Gwaine took easy advantage of. He blocked the sword first, then brought it up above Leon's back, and tapped him there with the point of the sword. 

"Dead," He said simply. He then let the sword down to his side, and they shook hands. Arthur went running towards the field, and I looked away, to prepare Arthur's things. I already knew who would win, and Arthur would be annoyed if less than everything was ready for his next activity. In fact, a moment later all of the knights were congratulating Arthur on a job well done. I was bending down over Arthur's things, when I felt something wrap around the back of my neck. An arm. I looked to my left to see Gwaine's grinning face. 

"So, Merlin, how did it go with Tessrach last night?" I grinned stupidly. Gwaine already knew. How could he not?

"It was fun." I told Gwaine, still. He seemed pleased when his grin grew larger.

"See. I knew that you two would get along. You're perfect for each other. The names, the likes... and you're both single. Or, were anyways. You know Merlin, I always knew that you wouldn't be single for long. It's just...." Gwaine continued talking, like he usually did, and I stopped paying attention. Every minute or so, there would be a pause, and I would either nod and grin or give a one word answer. Finally, Arthur came over for his equipment, and Gwaine decided that it was time to train. 

Now, it was quiet. This was usually my hour of niceness, with only quiet insults in the background. My friends had other plans. 

A burst of laughter suddenly erupted from the field and I looked over. All the knights were watching me and laughing, Arthur above them all. There were about 20 knights in the area right now, and ten more men who were training to one day become knights. These men were all different. In birth, personality, speech, and looks, none of them shared over two things in common, but right now there was some sort of gleam in each one's eye. It wasn't looking good.

"Merlin!" Arthur's cheerful call sounded out over the field and caused me to wince. These evil knights had something planned for me, and I got the distinct feeling that I wasn't going to like it. "Merlin! Come over here!" Arthur commanded, once he knew I was listening.