Questions

Merlin's POV:

The bath was warm.

Surprisingly so. Being a prisoner of Morgana's, I had expected it to be freezing cold and dirty... Only, it wasn't, once again, giving me reason to thank John.

The bath water was so crystal clear, I could see all the way to the bottom of the tub, which was made from a beautiful white stone that almost looked like marble. The room was steamy, and warm, a little much so, but not so hot to be uncomfortable. The only two annoying things might have been the fact there was little else in the room besides a wooden chair and the bathtub, and that the boy, John as I found out his name was, sat watching him the entire time. I suppose I could thank him for keeping his eyes off my more private areas.

After a couple minutes of enjoying quietness, peacefulness, and warm water, I was interrupted by the approaching boy.

"Uh... oh, sorry about this..." He provided a wide gesture, signifying he was apologetic about this entire situation. A small smile slipped onto his face, "Morgana wants you as clean and healthy as possible for her plans..... Please don't ask me what they are. I don't know," I nodded, and the boy went on to place his hands on my chest, blushing slightly in obvious discomfort.

"She wants me to heal you from any cuts or scrapes... so... yeah," Another smile, a small enchantment, and a warmth was spreading through his hands and into my body, tingling slightly when it found an scrape, bruise, or cut, as it mended everything. I had to acknowledge the boy's healing skills. He was better than he had given himself credit for.

As soon as the boy had a chance, he pulled his hand away and turned around, fetching a bundle from a corner of the room. It was some sort of cloth, wrapping whatever was underneath in white with small strands of green. He carried it over to the bathside.

"Alright, Merlin, time to get out," I stood up when he spoke, stepping out of the bath, not caring where I splashed water too much. The boy nodded, then commanded me to sit in the chair until i was more or less completely dry. Then he picked the bundle up again and brought it towards me, unwrapping it slowly, to reveal only more cloth.

The first thing he handed me was a tunic. The nice shirt was white with fine green embroidery, and I half wondered why Morgana would ever give me something so fine to wear, instead of my usual outfit.

Without a word, I slipped the expensive cloth over my head, taking in the fact that it was probaby the smoothest fabric I had ever worn. The belt he gave me, which was also amazingly good quality, I tiesd around my waist. A pair of tan breeches was next, fitting perfectly like the rest of the clothes. Next were a pair of boots, obviously newly made, polished, and beautiful. I pulled them onto my feet, and they were more comfortable than anything I had put on my feet in my life.

Last, John handed me a comb, and a combed my hair out quickly and easily. He smiled at my appearance, and nodded approvingy, before leading me towards the door, where the cuffs were hanging from a hook on the wall.

An apologetic smile on his face, John recuffed me, and recieved no restraint in return. Honestly, when I gave myself up to Morgana I had believed it would be much worse. Of course, being away from Arthur for who knows how long was a torture in its own way. It was a torture I had withstood before, though, and I was sure I could stay strong enough to withstand it now. I had to be strong. For Camelot and for Arthur. One was the most important thing in the world to me, and the other was the most importnat thing in the world to him. I wasn't going to let something as small as missing my crush make me cave in to Morgana.

We walked together towards through the many halls that made up the dungeons. I hadn't noticed before the insane amount of cells and prisons Morgana had in here. It made me wonder how many prisoners she expected to have at a time. It almost seemed as if the woman planned to keep each citizen of Camelot locked up down there. She definitely had enough cells.