004

"So any boys in your life?"

The shadowhunters and Simon were all in Simon's van. They were on the way to go to the City of Bones to retrieve Clary's memory. Clary and Isabelle were squeezed together so Isabelle decided to ask Clary about herself.

"Well, I have Sim-" Clary started but Isabelle shook her head.

"I meant lovers or crushes." Isabelle told her and Clary's mind immediately went to Sebastian. A faint blush was spread in her cheeks. "Oh my god! You do have a boy in your life!"

Simon and Jace perked up at this while Alec looked visibly irritated by this conversation. He huffed, his arm crossing against his chest. 

"No, I don't." She denied. She averted her eyes from Isabelle and pictured Sebastian.

"Yes, you do. Now, come on. Tell big sister about your crush." Isabelle said looking at Clary with an intense look. Simon and Jace concentrated on their conversation while Alec groaned and leaned back in his seat.

"Um, well I met him on my birthday." Clary said making Jace think it was him. "I was on my way to follow Jace when I bumped into him. I spilled his drink on him."

Isabelle nodded throughout the story. "And then...?"

"We apologized to each other and kind of flirted." Clary said remembering the night.

"What kind of flirting?" Simon asked making Clary jump. She had been so concentrated telling the story, she forgot they were there. Simon's grip on the wheel was so hard, his knuckles were white. Even Jace had clenched his fists.

"Just typical flirting." She said making Izzy give her a flat look.

"Fine, he kissed a piece of my hair and then he warned me about-" Clary groaned when she realized that Sebastian was probably warning her about downworlders and she thought he was flirting with her.

"What? What happened?" Jace asked her.

"He warned me about the downworlders. He said to be careful of what lurks in the dark. I thought he meant him and I flirted with him after thatq." Clary said. "Great, I flirted with someone who I thought was flirting with me too. I made a fool out of myself."

"Did he do anything like kissing of touching?" Isabelle asked her.

"He kissed me on the cheek." Clary said. "So, does that mean I didn't totally fail?"

"Well, I don't think you'll see him again so it's pointless."

"Jace, shut up. Did you get his name?"

"Yeah, his name is Sebastian."

•••

"So, are you going to tell me about Clary?"

Magnus said climbing into Sebastian's bed. Sebastian groaned and shoved his face on his pillow. Magnus just laid down next to him and awaited his response.

"She's pretty, like really really pretty." He told him. "She spilled your drink on me and I recognized her immediately. We flirted and then she had to go. She has literally taken over my mind and I can't stop thinking about her. She probably forgot about me."