005

Gif credits -> @Ella_Hale

Magnus and Sebastian were ready to go but Elias stopped them before they left. Instead of listening to Elias's worries, Sebastian left to put extra protection wards. Since he was going to leave, the protection wards he put would soon be out so he helped the warlocks put up a new one.

"Come on, Sebby. We've got a necklace to get back." Magnus said dragging his best friend away from the others.

"I'm coming, Magny."

"That was horrendous. Never call me that again."

"Didn't plan on it."

•••

Magnus made Sebastian get their drinks as usual. Whenever they went to a party, Magnus would find a perfect spot and hot people while Sebastian would get their drinks. If he bumped into hot people, he has to bring them.

This was a different case. Sebastian would obviously get the drinks and Magnus would find the perfect spot but this time there was going to be no hot people. Magnus waited for his best friend and surveyed the crowd to see if the shadowhunters were also there. A smirk was stitched on his mouth when he saw the fiery red head and the blond boy he was looking for.

"Clary Fairchild." Magnus said giving her a smile when she reached him. She really was Sebastian's type. "You've grown into a beautiful young woman."

"Magnus Bane. So you're the one who stole my memories." She said ignoring his compliment. She tried so hard not to look around for Sebastian and it seemed Magnus knew about this.

"At your mother's request. She knew the risk. Sebastian has gone to fetch drinks for us, well me not you." Magnus said giving Clary a wink and his smirk got bigger. "Show me the jewelry, Shadowhunter."

Jace rolled his eyes and showed the necklace. Magnus was about to take it from his hands but Jace pulled back. He had a cocky face and Magnus knew he wasn't going to like him, especially since he had feelings for Clary. He shipped Clanstian.

Magnus frowned at the bad ship name and decided to change it later. A smile appeared on his face when he saw Sebastian with his drink. He made eye contact with him and tried giving him a look that says get-the-necklace-for-me. It seemed Sebastian got it or maybe he was weirded out.

"Give Clary back her memories, and you get the jewelry." Jace said. Sebastian came in the right moment and took the necklace from him. Magnus was impressed by how Sebastian got his message. Sebastian flipped the necklace and looked at the engraved words.

"Amor verus numquam moritur. True love cannot die." Sebastian said gazing at Clary the entire time. The intensity of his blue eyes were burning Clary and not in the bad way. Clary felt herself in some kind of spell. Can warlocks bewitch people with a single look? Still looking at Clary in desire, Sebastian passed Magnus the necklace and his drink. Magnus examined the necklace and gave a nod in approval.

"Oh, how I've missed this jewel. Thank you, Sebby." Sebastian gave him a nod and walked towards Clary who immediately took a step closer. Jace was about to step in but he froze. He glared at Magnus when he saw the blue haze coming from his hands. Magnus gave him an innocent look and looked at the necklace as if it was the only thing he could see.