014

Clary's eyes widen when the alternate reality Jace kissed her deeply. His hand cupped her cheek, while the other was on her back. This time, she didn't kiss back and only pushed him back. If only I had done that last time.

"I'm sorry, I can't." Clary stammered, pushing him back. Jace gave her a confused look. Clary weakly smiled at him before running away from her alternate reality friends and the alternate reality Alec.

"Clary!" Jace shouted, looking at her leaving figure. His friends looked back at Clary, thinking that she was acting weird today. They would have to confront her later. 

•••

Magnus gave her a tightlipped smile as he said, "The Lovers. You are in a loving relationship." Magnus inhaled deeply, trying not to show his hatred for the petite redhead. "This man has a strong hold on you. You feel a magnetic attraction to him that you cannot escape. Tonight will define your relationship. You hope he is your soul mate." Magnus chuckled, his face darkening. "But you being a bitch will threaten to tear you apart."

Clary snapped out from the pull of this world at his words. She choked out, "What did you say?"

"Look, Clary, I know you're not here for a reading." Magnus stated, his eyes filled with distaste. "Sebastian doesn't want to see you."

Clary groaned, asking herself why did the alternate reality Clary fuck up things with Sebastian too. "I know you're a warlock, Magnus. I'm a Shadowhunter."

Magnus looked at her wide eyed at her words before he started laughing. He stopped when he heard his best friend asking, "Clary?"

Clary looked at Sebastian, her eyes wide in surprise. Sebastian was still hot, that she could admit. His appearance hadn't exactly changed but his hair did. He now had longer hair, a bit of stubble on his jaw. Clary whispered his name, "Sebastian.", her lips twitching up into a smile.

"You're not Clary." He stated. Magnus looked at him, giving him a strange look. "I mean you are but not Clary from this world. You're different, I can see it and feel it."

"That's because I'm from an alternate reality." Clary told them, grabbing both of their attention.

"If that were true without an anchor, you'd be assimilating into this world." Magnus said, crossing his arm on his chest. Sebastian raised his eyebrows, expecting her answer.

"Believe me, I am trying to fight it." Clary scoffed, her eyes going to Sebastian. She debated whether or not she should tell him that it was because of his other self. "Which is part of why I need your help. In my dimension, Shadowhunters still battle demons. And now there is something so much worse. I need your magic to help me stop it."

"I can't help you." Magnus immediately answered. "My magic's gone dormant."

"What about you, Sebastian?" Clary asked, hoping his hasn't gone dormant as well.

"Partially. It's partially dormant. I've been trying to keep it strong but it's slowly becoming harder." Sebastian stated, putting his palm up. Black sparks of magic went out of it and spelled out his name.

"Then we just need the wake it up completely." Clary said, a smirk falling onto her lips.

•••