Step closer

I woke up earlier than everyone else, I looked at the clock to see it was only 4 in the morning.

Recently I've been having trouble sleeping, bad headaches, nose bleeds, nightmares, you name it. Duke's head was on my lap, but I had to go use the bathroom.

I moved his head only to hear him whine. I went to the bathroom to do my thing, once I came back Duke was awake.

"Couldn't sleep again?" An unfamiliar voice said in the room. "Who in the hell?" I looked around nervous, I grabbed my gun that was on my bed side table and looked in my closet. Nothing.

"What are ya lookin for?" Again with the unfamiliar voice. I searched under my bed and searched my closet again, in case I missed something.

Duke jumped off the bed and went to sit next to me, he pawed my leg and whined. "Hey I'm getting hungry, can you feed me already?" My eyes went wide when I realized who was talking to me.

"Oh no. Am I high? Am I drunk? This can't be real." I rubbed my eyes, hoping it would wake me up, maybe this was just a dream.

"You didn't drink last night human." Duke said.

"Oh boy.." I whispered to myself. I quickly rushed to Leah's room to confirm I wasn't mad, maybe she could hear him speak too.

I opened the door to find her sleeping in a tank top and shorts, her arm hanging off the bed, while her other arm hugging a pillow.

"Leah, wake up. Wake the hell up now!" I shook her roughly, to wake her up easily. "Huh! What?" She stormed up from her bed and looked at me, then to the clock.

"Jesus its 4 in the morning. Go away." She laid down on her bed again and closed her eyes.

"Good morning." Duke said, I was hoping to get a reaction from Leah to know that I wasn't the only one hearing him speak.

Her eyes shot open and she got up from her laying position quickly. "Who said that?" She looked at me as if she was a mad person.

"You hear him too right?" I cooed.

"Of course she can." Duke's tongue stuck out.

"Is-" I cut off Leah before she could say anything.

"Yes, its Duke speaking. I thought I was the only one." I said looking over at Duke who was looking back at me.

"My food?" Duke pleaded.

"This could be the side effects Cas was talking about." Leah stated the obvious. Both of us went downstairs, to find Sam sleeping on the chair while his feet was on the table while Dean was sleeping on the couch.

I took a throw on blanket and covered Sam. "Aw." Both Duke and Leah said. "Oh shut up." I rolled my eyes and whispered, just in case I don't wake them up.

Leah and I didn't know what to do, so we stayed up until the morning when everyone woke up.

"You guys are up early." Sam massages his neck and stood in an awkward position, must be from him sleeping on the chair.

"Here, some breakfast." Leah placed the plate filled with pancakes in front of Sam.

"How'd you sleep?" I smirked while drinking my coffee. "Pleasant." Sam's respond was filled with sarcasm.

Dean walked in the kitchen the same time Bobby did, ready for breakfast. "Smells good." Dean bit his lower lip and looked towards Leah.

Leah nudged me to mention about Duke talking. "Hey, um. Guys, we have something to tell you." I said nervously hoping that they'd believe us.

"Its...its really weird." Leah backed me up. "Well, shoot." Dean said with his mouth full.

"Um. Duke- we can hear Duke speak." Bobby choked on his coffee, Sam spat it out while Dean swallowed his pancake harshly.

"You what?" Bobby said while coughing. "They won't believe you two." Duke said while sitting next to me, making me flinch every time he speaks. I wasn't gonna get used to this.

"We can hear Duke speak! Its the side effects Cas told us about!" Leah was beginning to me frustrated. "I'll be damn." Dean whispered.

"I thought you guys would have different side effects?" Sam questioned.

"They only need one thing similar. Barbelia and Gorgon are after all twins." A voice said behind Sam and Dean, making them jolt.

"Oh its the angel!" Duke ran towards Cas hoping to at least get a pat on the head. "Hello." Cas said awkwardly to Duke.

"Cas, can you hear Duke speak too?" I asked settling down my coffee cup.

"Yes." He replied.

After Cas giving us a lot of information about Gorgon and Barbelia, he went on his way back to heaven. He was facing lots of trouble since Barbelia wants to take over. Later on, Sam found a suspicious case in New York.

"Alright you guys can go, I'll stay with Bobby, get a new car and then be on my way." Leah said coldly, placing her dish in the washing machine.

"What? Why?" Dean stuttered his words. I guess he still does like her.

"No, stay with us and hunt with us." I said, not wanting to loose my sister again.

"Yeah, the 4 of us will be good together." Sam backed me up. "Please?" Dean and I said at the same time.

"C'mon big sis, we all want you with us." I reassured. "Alright I'll come." A big smile was on her face.

Bobby was finally relieved and happy that both Leah and Jain were back to normal, he was hoping it would last longer than before.