Epilogue

4 years later~

It was that day again. No matter how many days past, the pain never went away. Everything I did and saw still reminded me of him.

Moving on was difficult. I sometimes forgot what it felt like to love someone, so when I do, I recount the memories him and I shared. It hurt, but it kept me sane.

I went back to school-its what Preston would have wanted. I finally got accepted into UCLA school of architecture and its been going pretty well for me. I've worked on four projects that are now under construction and won 3 design competitions.

I visit Rob and Preston tons, their still making videos and doing quite well also. Mitch is still locked away like he deserves to be. My parents and I are still trying to mend our relationship but its hard with the time we spent apart.

He comes back sometimes in my dreams; not as a memory but almost like a visit from heaven. Those nights, we go somewhere far away and I forget that he's not really here anymore. I feel his strong arms around me and a healthy heart beat. Timeless, limitless we travel to places we always dreamed of going. He tells me he loves me and to stay strong.

And the worst part is waking up.

When I feel around the small bed and realize that my Preston is not beside me. And this is when the tears start to flow. Some nights worst than others. Some nights, I wake up and reach for the pill drawer. But Preston's words "stay strong" always plays in my head. but I just with to be with him.

This night is one of those nights.

****

I wake up, my head rested on someones chest.

"Hey Taylor." he whispers in my ear.

My heart flutters.

"You came back." I say wrapping my arms tightly around him.

He brushes my hair out of my face.

"I always do." He replies.

He tilts my chin up, our lips meet. His other hand holds me close to him; mine tangle in his hair. his soft lips move against mine. I realize how much I miss him and a tear escapes my eye. He brushes my tears away; I realize that his face is wet with them too.

"I know." I whispers. "I'm so sorry."

I shake my head. I remember that out time is limited and wipe my tears away.

"Where to tonight, Preston?" I ask.

"France?" he replies.

"Paris." I smile.

We spend the night walking the streets of Paris like walking through pictures. The streets were filled with people but no one could touch us; like a strange reality. We visited landmarks, museums and rode horses. We tasted wine, ate fancy cheese but couldn't taste anything. We bought ridiculously expensive clothing but never had to pay. Wherever we wanted to go, like a strange transition filter, the setting would change.

Time passed too quick and soon, we were at the top of the Eiffel tower. Below us, there were millions of lights and busy streets. It was incredible;  the city was beautiful.

We stood there, the cold not affecting us. His arms around waist and my head on his shoulder.

"I want to be like this forever." I mumble.

"Me too." He smiles.

"I love you." I say. "So much that it hurts."

"I love you too." He replies. "So much that it kills me."

I hit his chest. "Not funny!"

Suddenly, like every time, the lights started becoming dimmer and dimmer indicating that our time is done.

"No." I say. "Preston stay."

"You know I can't." His smile dissapeared. 

"No- please- just a little-"

He cuts me off by kissing me. It was deep with a sense of urgency and desperation. We hold each other close, not wanting it to end. I feel his warm body pressed against mine becoming colder and colder.

I begin to feel lightheaded as everything around me blacks out.

"Stay strong. Only fate."

****

I wake up screaming for Preston and tears rushing down my face. I stay this way until my throat became numb and tears stained my face. I felt like I was suffocating. This time, it hurt like no other pain I've ever felt.

I stumbled out of my small house gasping for air. The cold fall air hits me and my stomach churned as I tried not to throw up.

It's going to be like this for the rest of my life, I thought. With nothing but dreams of Preston keeping me going. When the only sweet moments with the love of my life will be fake memories in the form of dreams. When I wont ever really feel his lips on mine again.

The pain was unbearable now; I started running.

In my thin pajama shirt, shorts and bare feet, I ran down the street; trying to run away from the pain.

Tears blur my vision and my legs give out, falling on the paved rough surface. I feel my knees scrape up and wetness where they hit the road. A high pitched ringing invades my ears and I found myself unable to hear anything.

I close my eyes, cover my ears and scream.

When I open them, I see a bright light and a loud honking noise.

All I do is smile because soon, I'll see my Preston.

Only Fate.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I am so sorry.

I love you all.

This broke my heart to write.

So leave comments and I promise to reply<3