Chapter 10

"Hey, I'm still here." I say trying to break their intense stares.

"Do you even know her?" Preston says to Mitch, ignoring me.

"A matter if fact, I do. We've talked almost every day." Mitch replies.

Preston face fell and was replaced by disbelief and betrayal.

"Is it true?" He asked me with a hopeful expression.

"Uh I- " I fumbled with my words.

"How long?" He demands.

"A few months but listen please-"

His face turned hard and changed to that expression he put on when he hated me. That wall he put up, when he trusted no one. I felt as if I just hit that brick wall he built.

"Have fun guys" Preston said.

"Preston listen-" I say grabbing his arm. He wrenches it away.

"Ditching me for popularity again?" He glares at me. "People never change."

He turns then walks away.

I watched him, fighting back tears. I was lost in thought when Mitch wrapped his arms around me, giving me a hug. It felt cold, empty. Nothing like the ones Preston gave me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lay on my bed over the covers, later that night. I couldn't sleep, it was only 9pm but I had to wake up early tomorrow. I walked over to the large window, there wasn't much to see, the Orange County Convention Centre was in the middle of nowhere. I looked down to see that there were still tons of people by the pool. I spot Ashley and Vik by the pool and immediately decide to join them.

I grabbed a bikini, slipped it on and threw a hoodie overtop.

As I was walking down to the pool, I was stopped by Jerome, Mitch, Adam, and Jason.

"Hey, can we talk to you?" Asked Mitch.

"Yea sure" I replied.

Anxiety was eating me alive as we walked over to the pool. The gathered around me and we all sat down by some long chairs.

"Am I in trouble?" I ask.

"Yes, extremely." Adam answers.

All colour drains from my face.

"I'm just kidding! Oh my god the look on your face!" He laughs.

The others start laughing too.

"I'm going to kill you." I joke. "All of you."

"Okay, anyways." He clears his throat "So we haven't had a girl on team crafted for a while." Adam talked.

My eyes widened, it was obvious what they were going to say.

"We already asked Quentin, Ty and Ian who couldn't make it." Said Jason.

"Would you join team crafted?" Jerome finished off with a smile.

"And this means you have to live with us" Mitch added with a wink.

For the second time today, I was completely speechless.

"It's okay, you can tell us your decision tomorrow, when minecon ends." Adam assured.

I got back to my hotel room and leaned against the wall and slid down. This was too much pressure. It basically came down to this, either fame, events, and money. Or Preston's warm hugs, making breakfast together every morning, and destroying him at COD.

I would be leaving Preston, again, just like the first time. After all he's given me.

I lay on my bed, the pool was closed and it was 1am. I closed my eyes and I somehow eventually fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning, looking like a zombie. I put concealer, foundation, powder and bronzer on to hide the bags under my eyes and my sleep deprived skin. I finished off the rest of my makeup and threw on high waisted shorts, a cropped lacy top and a cartagain. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and grabbed my sunglasses, wallet and phone.

I looked into the mirror and smiled. Who said you had to look the way you feel?

I walked out my hotel room but found myself somehow walking to Preston room. I knocked a couple times and I heard someone coming to unlock the door.

Preston opened the door with no shirt on and sweatpants. Nothing out of the ordinary. I heard the shower going so Rob was probably in there.

I threw my arms around him, he tensed but hugged me back seconds later. I buried my face in his neck.

"Woah what do we have here?" Rob said from behind Preston.

"shutup Rob" I said.

We all sat and I got strait to the point.

"Why do you guys hate Mitch so much?" I asked.

Preston looked down.

"He ditched us for money. We used to have our own little 'team' back in the day, me, Preston, mat, Jerome and Mitch." Rob explained. "Then he started talking to that Adam kid and now all he cares about is money and fame."

"That can't be true" I mumbled.

"The people team crafted people think their golden." Said Rob.

"They asked me to join" I blurted.

This got Preston's attention.

"What?! Well your not going to, are you!?" Said Preston.

"I don't understand what's so bad about them!" I said raising my voice.

"Guys chill" Rob intercepted, then turned to me "they think their so much better than everyone else, they want likes, views and nothing more. Trust me, they will change you."

"They can't be that bad" I argued.

"What do you know about them?" Preston snapped.

"Well more than you!" I start getting mad at Preston.

"You can't join." Preston stated.

"You can't tell me what to do, you don't own me" I reply.

"Fine! Join them, when you get hurt, don't come back crying to me. Because I won't give a shit." Preston walked out.

Me and Rob sat there not knowing what to do.

"Hey, go to minecon and have some fun, I'll deal with Preston." Rob said.

"Thanks" I gave him a smile.

Fun? My day is basically ruined.

___________________________________________________________________________

I don't know what happened, but the originally got deleted, I posted it yesterday and I checked today and it was gone. I didn't have the story saved anywhere else so idk. It's a little diff from the originally but I tried to make it as similar as possible. I forgot some parts so I'm sorry!

Xox-Anna