Chapter 3

I woke up, the sun shining through the blinds. I take in my surroundings. Black leather sofa beneath me, 72" TV, open concept all new kitchen. Where did Preston get all this money... As I rub the sleep out of my eyes, I heard Preston's voice from behind me.

"Hey" he said.

"Hey" I replied with a smile.

He sat down on the couch diagonally from me. "How are you and how you feeling?" He asks.

I give him a sleepy smile. "Okay now you're just mocking me."

"Oh I can stop if u want me to" he says.

"Nononononono" I say staring to regret what I said earlier. "I like friendly Preston."

"I was kidding, I like friendly Taylor" he replies with a slight smile. But then his eyebrows furrow again. "How long have you not eaten?"

"Umm.. A while." I reply nervously.

Sympathy sprawls across his face "Here come with me" he says offering a hand.

Once forgiving Preston will always be. I guess he found a soft spot for me, the same one I have for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished up the breakfast Preston made me. He was actually an amazing cook. His pancakes never failed to impress.

I said I had to leave and he was now leading me to the door. He opened it and we stood there for a second.

"Thanks, for everything." I said looking into his eyes.

He nodded. I turned and was about to leave when Preston stopped me.

"Hey...Um... your welcomed back whenever you need it" he said shyly.

I smiled. "Bye" and I turned and walked back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I came home to find no one yelling, I was suspicious. I found my parents sitting on the couch.

"Honey, we need to talk to you." Said mom.

I sat down and motioned them to continue. She never called me honey.

"Our relationship isn't working out so we are going to split. We will give you 10,000 dollars as a start but we both agree that you are old enough to live on your own." Said my dad.

"We will also cover full expenses for university." My mom finished.

My parents looked at me eagerly for a reaction.

I gave them a big fake smile "Okay, sounds good."

I walk into my room and immediately make my way to my balcony. I never cared much about my parents and even if they are splitting that doesn't change how I feel about them.

"If I even make it to university." I mumbled.

And that's how my vacation went. I spent the whole time packing my belongings and finding a decent apartment. I didn't tell anyone that I had moved. Everyone still assumed I was still living in that stupid old mansion. I hung out with my friends, went to the mall, partied like nothing is wrong. I started to forget what being happy felt like as I lost myself in my thoughts.

Some nights I would cry and drink myself to sleep just so I won't remember who I really am. I found a job at Starbucks and at a local animal hospital. I had decent pay, well enough to keep my rent and food. My plans for the future were lost along with my happiness.

I walked to school on the first day back from break. As I rounded the corner I saw Brianna and the rest of my 'friends' standing around Preston. Ben, a tall stalky guy with the title of captain of the football team shoves Preston again the wall.

"Stop!" I cried. They all looked at me confused. I put on that bitchy attitude I always used. "What the hell do you think your doing? Did I say you could touch him?" I snapped.

They all backed away from Preston.

They all looked at me waiting for what I was going to say next or to follow me.

"What are you waiting for? Leave" I say with a smirk.

They scurry away leaving me and Preston.

I let go of the smirk and I rush over to Preston.

"Hey you okay?"

"Yea" he muttered.

"What happened out there?" I ask.

"Oh and now you care?" He snaps.

"Sorry" I mutter and walk away.

"No wait, I'm sorry." He rubs his face. "But why now and not before. You left me in the dust four years ago."

I stood there speechless. I needed the old Preston back. The one which could make me smile, laugh and even cry sometimes. I screwed it up so I have to be the one to fix it.

___________________________________________________________________

Hey guys u should check out my other stories, drop a comment if you'd like;)

pic of Taylor chapter one on the side:))

Kisses-A