Chapter 20

It's been 3 days 1 hour and 12 minutes ever since I've been at this hospital. Once he was shot, he was immediately brought to the hospital and put in surgery. I waited all night in the waiting room. Around 4am he was announced in a coma. I sobbed into the phone as I talked to Rob. They said he had lost too much blood as they tried to get the bullet out of him.

I've cried so much these past few days that I can't cry anymore. Every time I look at Preston's limp, pale body, I want to burst out in tears. At first, I was mad, sad, depressed. Now, I don't feel anything. I really don't give two shits about my YouTube anymore although I did tweet about Preston not being able to upload. Rob called saying him and Lachlan are coming to visit sometime today and mat called saying as soon as possible which doesn't say much. I keep telling myself that Preston will wake up but I feel as if he were dead. I have to keep reminding myself that he's not gone yet, there's still a chance he will live.

The nurse who takes care of Preston is fairly young. I'm not supposed so be able to visit Preston but since he has no imitate family anywhere near Boston, she let's me visit him. Mitch has been put in jail and if Preston does end up...passing away then Mitch would be charged for murder.

Everything feels like a dream, eating, sleeping, breathing all feels like a chore. The nurse tells me I should talk to him, she told me he can hear me and that it might help. But every time I try to, it shatters my heart that he can't respond.

I sit by his hospital bed, my head resting on the mattress he lays on. I check my phone, 106 twitter notifications. I pass time reading them and replying to as many tweets as possible. My head jolts up as someone walks in through the door.

"Hey Rob." I say with a weak smile.

"Hey, how ya holding?" He replied.

"Alright." I lie.

"Don't lie, you look like hell." He says.

"Thanks." I reply.

"I'm just kidding, you don't look that bad." He grabs a chair and sits down next to me.

"I know I look bad but there's no point in looking good so..." I trail off. "Where's Lachlan?" I ask.

"He had some issues with his flight and had to leave early. He really wanted to come see Preston." He explain.

I nodded.

We sit in silence, the sound of the machines keeping Preston alive buzzing.

"I loved him." Rob breaks the silence.

"We all did." I mumble.

There was a pause.

"No, like not in that way." He says.

I was surprised but right away that turned to guilt. It must have been painful seeing me and Preston together.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"For what?" He asks.

"I would hate the girl who's dating the person I love." I explain.

"Yea well, I knew that Preston would never love me back and now, I don't think I'll ever be able to tell him." He says sadly.

I hug him from the side. It felt nice having someone there to talk to about Preston.

"He's going to be okay." I state, tearing up a bit.

"Yea he will." He replies.

We sat there for hours until the nurse finally told us that visiting hours are over. I drive myself to the hotel that I've been staying in for the last few days. I wash up and pull one of Preston's shirts over my head and lie on top of the covers staring at the ceiling. The same feeling that I had when me and Preston had our fall out came back to me. And this time, there's nothing I can do to be lying in his arms again and playing cod. I sobbed, tears falling down my face. I cry out in frustration, this is my fault. I pull the tshirt up to wipe my tears but only end up crying more because of his smell.