Chapter 22

"And now we call up Taylor Baugman to give an eulogy."

I walk up to the raised level of the room. I look around to see Preston's, family and friends scattered around.

I clear my throat. "A couple months ago, Preston left us. Every moment and memory we spent together is still vivid in my mind. Preston was not only a great boyfriend but the best friend I've ever had. And it kills me that I now have to use the past tense." I start tearing up. "He spent every day not looking back on mistakes and living life to the fullest. He filled mine up with his laugh, his smile, his kindness. He was my compass and my cornerstone which got me through all the tough times. Fate winded us together with a promise of great things. Fate is terrible but it is fair, fate is the good and bad in our lives but we just need to embrace the good. I just hope that we all keep Preston fresh in our minds until we meet him again."

I finish and everyone claps. I wipe a tear from my face and I sit down next to Jerome. He hugs me and I cry but this time I'm not crying because I'm upset. Preston is happy and probably happier than before. Jerome sniffles.

"Are you crying?" I smile.

"No." He looks at me obviously crying. I wipe a tear falling from his eye. "Just sweating from my eyes."

"Okay." I reply.

The reception continues as my mind wonders. We close in a prayer and we wait for the burial of Preston.

After a while, they lower the coffin into the ground and people line up to say one thing then toss dirt in the grave. I step up when's turn comes.

"Only fate." I say as I toss the handful of dirt.

I walk away to find Mat, Rob and Lachlan. I look around and see Rob by a tree on his phone. Slowly, I make my way to him and he appears to be crying. I peer over his shoulder to see him looking at pictures of him and Preston.

"Rob." I whisper as he turns around.

I hug him and he hugs me back.

"You're eulogy was amazing." He says.

"Yours was too." I reply.

We stand there silently hugging and embracing each other.

"Do you think you're ever going to stop loving him?" I ask.

He thinks for a second.

"I'll move on but I don't think I'll ever actually stop." He replies.

"Same but I don't know if I am going to move on." I say.

"I know." He admits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next month was busy. I moved out of the old house and bought a nice apartment in outer Seattle. I continued my channel and spent the majority of my time with Jerome, Mat and mostly Rob. The presence of Preston hasn't left me. I felt myself checking my phone for his text even more and every time I drive down the part of town where our old house is, I get anxious. Sometimes I walk around the park me and Preston used to go to and try to figure out my own life.

Preston birthday is coming up. Rob and I agreed to get together and visit his grave.

Jerome texts me everyday checking up on me while telling me that things will get better but it's just another false promise.

In my free time, I've taken up the expensive hobby of travelling. Staying in one place has become impossible for me. Every time I get comfortable, something bad always happens.

I wait at the busy terminal for Rob. Hours pass until I spot him in the crowd.

"Rob!" I exclaim reaching for a hug.

"Taylor!" He matches my enthusiasm. "How have you been?"

"Shitty." I admit still hugging him.

"Well let's make it less shitty." He suggests.

The rest of the night was nice. We sat and had a Harry Potter marathon while eating lots of food and talking. We eventually fell asleep laying top of each other during the half blood prince.

In the morning we ate and drove to Preston's grave. We were both really quiet and tired from our marathon. As we arrived, a bittersweet feeling settled over me. The day was humid, the spring buds bloomed all around, the air was fresh. The feeling is unexplainable; It felt unreal, almost timeless. We walked through the grassy path and found our way to where Preston's buried.

"I still love you." I whisper as I place the flowers at his grave. "Happy birthday."

I start to cry and Rob hugs me close. He eventually let go and I left him to say some things to Preston. I continued the path which led to a small pond with a tree hanging overtop and a cute little bench. I sat down and admired the scenery. I took a breath and this overwhelming sense of relief washed over me; a warm shiver. I felt my troubles leave me and at peace. Rob came and sat down next to me. He was too crying. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around mine. We just sat for a while needing each others company.

After a while the need to open my phone was there again so I did. I checked my phone and what I saw made my heart stop.

Preston:
Stay strong<3 Only fate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE END

______________________________________________

there you have it guys!<3 I will have another chapter just on q&a's and stuff so leave your questions here!!!

Also tell me what to write next! Check out my other stories too!

I love you all!

-A<3

Follow for updates and stuffs