2.3

Troye struggled to open the door to his apartment as he had three grocery bags in his arms. He kicked the door a couple of times to try to get Bless to open it for him but it sadly failed. Groaning, Troye placed the bags down and unlocked the door and held it open with his foot as he grabbed the bags again and rushed inside the apartment.

Sighing in relief, Troye placed the bags on the kitchen counter. He ruffled his curls with one hand as he locked the front door just in case. While he began to take out the groceries, he decided to call for Bless. "Bless! I went grocery shopping!"

"Did you get my chips?" Bless asked as he rushed into the kitchen, clapping his hands together quickly with excitement.

Nodding, Troye searched for the bag of chips while taking out another food product with his opposite hand. "Yeah, they're..right here."

"Thank you!" Bless exclaimed as he sat down on the stool that was on the other side of the counter, not even offering to help unload the grocery bags. "So, how have you been?"

The pale boy chuckled, opening the fridge so he could put the cold products inside. "We live together, you see me all the time. I'm hoping that you would know how I'm feeling based on how I act."

"Well sometimes you fake being happy or sad just so you don't have to talk to me. Which is kind of rude now that I think about it. Just tell me, how are you doing?" Bless explained, opening the bag of chips and throwing one into his mouth as he kicked his feet softly.

Troye crumbled up one of the plastic bags and threw it to the side. Then he placed both hands on the counter and looked at Bless. "I'm stuck on writing a song, I'm not getting paid enough, and Connor has been gone for ten days. I guess when hearing those statements, it sounds like I'm doing pretty freaking well, huh?"

"No need to get sarcastic with me. What is it like to have someone you love for a certain amount of time? I've never experienced it." Bless asked, putting his chin in the palm of his hand as he waited for Troye to finish.

Sighing, Troye ran a hand through his hair as he took more food products out of the plastic bags. He glanced at Bless before putting them away as he spoke. "It sucks but sometimes you have to go through shit that you don't want to. It's life and you have to fight through it."

"What if you were a werewolf and Connor was your little boyfriend who you had the need to protect at all times?" Bless asked out of nowhere, tapping his fingers on the kitchen counter. There was a look on his face if he had been thinking about the topic for a while now.

Troye furrowed his eyebrows. "Where did that come from?"

"I've been watching a lot of Teen Wolf lately and it got me thinking about you and Connor. I don't know why but you seem like the type to be super protective, even if you weren't a supernatural creature of the night." Bless responded with a shrug as he continued to tap his fingers on the counter.

Shaking his head with a chuckle, Troye finished putting away all of the groceries. When he threw the bags away, he rested both hands on the counter as he tried to think about what Bless said. The image of him as a monster and being Connor's protecter made a shiver go down his spine. "You're weird. But now you've got me thinking about it. That would be so cool, wouldn't it?"

"Hell yeah. You would have these yellow eyes and sharp claws. Damn, just the thought gets me turned on." Bless listed as he licked his lips, making Troye immediately uncomfortable with the conversation.

Troye rolled his eyes and walked away from the kitchen, into his bedroom. "Why must you make every conversation we have so weird? Like we are best friends, we are not supposed to be turned on by each other from the thought of one of us being a werewolf."

"Oh, shut up. It's what best friends do. It's like a code where you have to be attracted to your best friend or you're not really best friends."

"There isn't a code, Bless."

"There could be and I bet it would say that."

"No way."

"Yes way."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"I'm done!" Troye shouted, raising his hands up in defeat. He began folding his clean clothes he took out of the dryer that morning. "If you still want to have a chat then help me do my laundry."

Bless sighed as he grabbed a pair of Troye's blue jeans and folded them. "So, you're really not doing okay? Connor gone is making you not okay? That's not good, Troye. Like yeah, it's good that you finally found someone who you care about but you know you can't depend on him."

"And it's not good to depend everything you have on anyone. Or be the way I am when someone is gone. I know, Bless. You've told me this before and I ignored it. Look where that got me. This time I'm not going to be clingy or dependent on Connor. It's going to be different this time." Troye finished, hanging a couple shirts on hangers and then hanging them in his closet.

Nodding, Bless glanced over to Troye. "I know you are. You're doing a pretty damn good job of it too. I know it must hurt but you're doing really well."

"Thanks, Bless." Troye smiled.

Bless nodded again and folded another pair of Troye's pajama pants, stacking them on top of the others. He looked over to Troye once again and gave his friend a jokingly look. "So, when are you going to propose to Connor?"

"Shut up." Troye chuckled, nudging Bless' shoulder slightly as he started putting away his clothing. He heard Bless also laughing at the question which made him sigh in relief. He never liked talking about proposals or marriage, even as a kid. Those talks freaked him out more than they should've.

Very short but very important chapter. I don't know why this story has taken me so long to update but I think I'm going to have to make a schedule.

This is one of my favorites and I hate to have you guys waiting so damn long.

Let me know your thoughts.

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE