2.6

| not edited |

There was one question on Troye's mind. He had been asked it a couple times as a joke but he was starting to take it seriously which he shouldn't have but maybe it was good he was doing. It was the only thing he could think about for the past three days and when he finally decided, he was ready but nervous.

Troye had been at the club all day, conflicted if he should do this today or another day. Maybe it was all in his head that it was a good idea. He hadn't told anyone because it was personal and he didn't want to be talked out of it. This was his choice and no one can tell him that he can't do it, even Connor.

"Are you okay? You look like you could use something to drink. How does an apple juice sound?" Phil asked his friend, already pouring the juice into a glass before sliding it towards the pale boy who looked stressed.

Thanking him with a nod, Troye took a sip of his drink and set it back down, his hand still wrapped around it tightly. "I'm okay. I just have a lot on my mind I guess. I've been so busy with work and writing that I never have time to do anything stress free."

"Like being with him? Talking to him?" Phil finished, as if he knew what Troye was thinking and just leaving it out like it was noting even though it was the most important thing. "You miss him a lot, don't you?"

Troye sighed softly, the thought of Connor was hurting his heart because of how much he missed his boyfriend. The feeling of someone gone was awful and made Troye feel so alone, even if he knew Connor was always there. "More than anything. We never have time to talk. If one of us is free then the other is busy. It's like we're in a race. Rarely, we would be running right next to each other and then one of us just gets faster. I can never catch up."

"Don't say that, Troye. The three months is almost over and you'll be together in no time. And aren't you planning a dinner for him to meet your brothers in a couple of weeks?" Phil asked, grabbing the couple dollar bills that customers left on the counter for him and shoving them into his pocket. He felt bad for his friend. He recognized the feeling of not having the one you love by your side. Dan had to go visit his family because of a dying grandfather and he didn't want Phil to go. They were separated for at least five weeks.

Nodding, the pale boy swallowed his spit, trying to bring light into the situation. "Yeah but that's only for a day. I want Connor back here officially to where he sleeps at my place because he didn't feel like walking all the way home from a photo shoot. You know? I just want him here, with me."

"I do know, I understand, Buddy. But you two are not that far apart. You could literally drive there whenever. It's not like you have time zones to worry about. I know that you're both busy but that's what phones are for. Texts. Make plans." Phil explained with a 'Mom' look on his face, trying not to sound rude but tell the truth at the same time.

Because honestly, Troye wasn't doing anything but complaining about not being with Connor. It was cute at first but now it was just plain annoying to all of his friends.

Troye rubbed his face with his hands roughly while mumbling. "I know, I know. You're right. I just don't want to seem clingy. Connor is having so much there and I don't want to be the crazy boyfriend who can't be away from his partner for more than two seconds."

"If we're being honest here, Troye. It's okay to feel that way but you sometimes have to push those thoughts away and go with your gut. You just miss him, right? You're not thinking that he's cheating on you?" Phil confessed as he began to clean the counter when waiting for Troye to respond.

The pale boy's eyes widen at the question. "Cheating?! Of course not! Where would I even get that idea from? I just miss him a lot that's all."

"It was just a question, calm down." Phil chuckled, pouring more apple juice into Troye's glass after cleaning the counter while hearing Troye exclaim as loud as he could.

Suddenly, a song began playing inside the bar. It sounded familiar. It was a song he heard on Connor's playlist from Spotify. The pale finger tapped along to the sound, trying to remember the title when it was on the tip of his tongue.

Moonlight.

This was his calling. This was some sign to see Connor and Troye knew it. The song reminded them both of their relationship; cute and romantic at most times. They never talked about the song but Troye knew that Connor loved it and so he loved it. The moment he realized what the song was, Troye knew he had to go.

He quickly stood up from his chair, slipping on his jean jacket as fast as possible while telling Phil that he had to go. Once he had everything, Troye rushed out of the bar and called a taxi as he waited next to the door, outside. After the call with the taxi, Troye dialed Connor's number.

"Hello?"

"Connor hi, I finally caught you. Are you busy?"

"At the moment? No. What's up?"

"Do you want to get lunch?"

"I would love to, babe. Where do you wanna go?"

"Meet me at the gas station where I knocked over the grape soda. It's halfway and we can discuss there."

Before Connor could say anything, Troye hung up and shoved his phone in his pocket, bouncing up and down as if he was going to explode any second. The pale boy noticed the taxi coming his way a couple minutes later, him immediately rush over and get inside.

The two both drove to a gas station that was between Pennsylvania and New York. Connor immediately remembered which one because the two went there a couple weeks ago and Troye knocked over a bottle of soda when dancing. But no one would necessarily call it dancing, more like flopping around.

It started raining when Connor arrived so he parked next to a gas pump even though he didn't need gas. No one else was there so it didn't matter. He got out of his car and leaned against it, watching cars pass by in the rain as he waited for Troye to arrive so they could out what they wanted for lunch. Suddenly, his eye caught a taxi pulling up and he saw Troye in the backseat.

"Hey! This is not halfway! I did the math, I drove way longer than you. You have to buy lunch." Connor yelled over the rain with his arms crossed as Troye ran towards him with his jacket over his head. A small smile on his lips, his eyes showing excitement to see his boyfriend. He hated never seeing Troye. He loved the boy with everything he had. Troye didn't say anything, letting his jacket fall to the ground as he got on one knee which made Connor's heart stop. "What are you doing?"

"It's not an engagement ring, it's a promise ring. Connor, I am so in love with you and the thought of being with you forever makes my heart skip a beat." Troye began as he held a small ring between his fingers. He stopped for a moment to laugh at himself. "Sorry, I don't like how cheesy this is. But, I promise to love you, care for you, cherish you, and one day marry you. I want to know if you would accept this ring as a way of saying you would do the same."

Connor smiled widely as he held his hands to his chest, trying to contain his cries and squeals. Then he began nodding, making Troye stand up slowly. "Yes, Troye. Of course."

Troye grinned even bigger as he wrapped caressed Connor's cheeks to bring their lips together. Connor kissed back as he let his hands trail up Troye's chest and wrapped around the back of his neck. The rain was coming under the roof of the gas station because of the cold and hard wind. But neither minded because they were so happy.

Once they pulled apart, Connor ran one hand over his face as Troye put the promise ring on the other. The green eyed boy couldn't stop smiling at the thought of Troye picking out this ring and thinking of him while doing it. This was such a special moment, he couldn't be apart from Troye much longer.

I'm really sorry that these chapters are getting so short and bad. I've been working on more interesting stories that I think you all will be excited about.

I have a question for you guysssss

Does anyone watch Teen Wolf? I'm thinking about writing a fanfic with Troye and Stiles (a character from the show). I wanted to know your guys' thoughts? Would you read it? You know, if you watch Teen Wolf and know all about it. Even if you don't?

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE