The Long journey

We walked for what felt like days, talking just about everything really. We both discovered that neither had become human but rather we had both become full-fledged now, call it an added gift from our father I suppose. The one thing that was strange about that more than anything was the fact that neither craved blood and we both felt just as powerful as each other.

We were nearing the castle when I heard a strange rustling in the surrounding trees and I began to feel uneasy

“Tats” I whispered as we walked “Don't react, but I believe we are being followed”

“I know, I can feel it's presence around us” she giggled “You forget that I have more practise tapping into our gifts than you” Not a moment later did a blurred shadow pass in front of us

“Show yourself” I screamed, the pitch of my scream had startled me, it was far higher than what it should have been, Tatiana slapped a hand over my mouth before I could continue

“Now.. that is why I should have trained you more before we set out, that's a way of knocking your enemies off guard, some would call it a battle cry but really it's just called a screech. It's high pitched for a reason.” There was a thud behind us and immediately I spun around, my heart melted when I saw who it was,

“D-Dante!?” tears flew from my eyes and I sprinted toward him, but he merely ran away. I stopped dead in my tracks and continued to call for him, a tap on my shoulder alerted me that he was now behind me, but when I looked behind me, he was once more gone..

“You shouldn't have returned here” I heard his voice echo in the surrounding woods

“Why shouldn't I have?”

“Because it's been weeks, we began to think that you had died out here, the humans believe you are dead. Where have you been!?”

“Setting my twin free” I muttered, facing the ground “In this forest too, so you couldn't have looked that hard” anger boiled in my gut and in my heart. He was angry for me not being dead? Well If he was so worried then surely he should have looked for me. I felt Tatiana standing behind me and I turned to face her, she smiled at me briefly because the moment I turned was the moment I was yanked back by Dante, once facing him my cheeks went red, I could see the burning desire in his eyes but unfortunately for him I was not in the mood “Sorry to disappoint. Sorry I'm not dead”

“What!? You idiot! I'm glad you're not dead” he spat back

“Oh there's the jackass that I met the first time in London, you can't pull the wool over my eyes sunshine, but I can tell you are soooo disappointed that I am not dead from what you just said!” his grib tightened on the shirt that I was wearing and I knew I had hit a nerve there.

“I didn't mean it like that” he grunted through his teeth before closing his eyes, sighing and releasing his grip “ I meant to say that people thought you were dead.. I thought you were dead”

“ But why is it a bad thing to come back?”

“Because you'll be hunted for again, I can't loose you a second time” I reached one arm up and placed my hand on the side of his face, cupping it gently. He closed his eyes and pressed a little deeper into my palm, sighing gently as he did so. I could tell my presence relaxed him, even if it had been a while.

All of us sat and talked about the recent turn of events, there was a mixture of shouting, arguing and just plain worry really before we were all calm and discussed what to do next,

“Well!?” Tatiana spat impatiently “What the hell are we going to do?”

“We can't exactly just walk in sis” I muttered with my head lowered, avoiding the scowl she was probably giving me