Time to Fight

The more we did it, the more energy I began to feel coming from the mark, like we were beginning to unlock something that no one could else could understand. And I wanted to push it further. It seemed that if we linked marks during stages of rage or aggression, the mark burned us, as if to scold us. Whereas if we did it during moments of peace or joy, then the mark healed and empowered us.

“What were you two girls giggling about?” Dante asked

“We saw a strange light, are you both ok?” Seth questioned. We explained to them both what we were doing and what we discovered, and even had to show them because they both just couldn't believe it.

“Guys, what is so hard to believe? You're classed as the impossible, you are the living and breathing dead for heavens sake” the boys looked at each other and shrugged.

“I dunno, I guess its hard to believe because not even Vampires have seen something like that.. well, not in my lifetime at least, and I am two hundred and seventy six years old” Dante chuckled

“Well, we cannot deny what's in front of our eyes now can we?” Seth muttered “So, what's the plan now then my dearies?”

“We move closer at first light” I said to them all, their faces peaked with interest but also I sensed a fear from them all, they were afraid we were going to loose this.

We all went off on a last hunt not long after, we needed as much strength we could muster, even if we weren't thirsty.. much like I was strangely. Dante Paired up with Seth and I was stuck with Tatiana, which resulted in a competition between the pair of us on 'who could hunt the largest animal' to which, once more we remained equals on.

“I'm getting the feeling neither of us will be the stronger twin” Tats grunted

“Same here, but its nice feeling like I belong again though. I mean, those years spent thinking I was a loner and meant for nothing but to kill myself turned out to be the exact opposite. We are meant for greatness Tatiana” My words seemed to take her back a fair bit as she stopped feasting and stared at me wide eyed.

“Greatness.. me?”

“Yes Tats” I said, walking towards her “We are both meant for greatness, and I don't mean through this prophecy. I mean in general. It has taken me a very long time to realise it but, there is just no point in moping around and denying what is there in front of me.. yes, we were meant to sort out a bunch of bastards problem that has spanned centuries.. but what after? The world is our oyster and we have just touched the surface of what we can do!” I walked on over to her and made our arms touch once more, the glow started and the familiar feeling of pure warmth and joy spread through me. The same affect happened to Tatiana too, I could feel it..

Once fed, we made our way back to the cave to meet with the boys. Halfway there though, she grabbed my arm and pulled me backwards.

“What is it?” I asked her

“I want to try something”

“What's that then?”

“Well.. our marks practically heal us when they touch yes?” I nodded in response, unsure what it was that she was actually trying to say “Well, what if we focused at that point to what it is that we actually wanted from it. After all, our father was a Muse, and they had the ability to control whatever they wanted, people, elements, healing properties.. the lot”

“That's all fine and dandy but.. we don't have those abilities, we are not muses Tats”

“Are you blind? Look at our bodies! They have changed, you are the lighter twin and I am the darker, that is now the only way to tell us apart. Our features as in our eyes have now changed lighter too! We have changed!” I then remembered Dante asking why my eyes looked so much more brighter and why I looked more like my mother now.. perhaps she was right..Maybe we should try it? Anything seemed possible these days, I am a Vampire after all.