The parable of the lost sheep

The parable of the lost sheep .This was one of three which the prodigal son was the last of. When i started to look into deeper, i thought about the shepherds. In jesus 's time shepherds were one of the lowest ranks of palestinian social ladder. Equal to dung sweeper and tax collectors.
Made me think why do you think jesus was the good shepherd. I think this was to show that he knew jews status but he was showing he wasnt pompous and outward concerned, he was an ordinary earthly man but heavenly no one above him. Also a shepherd protects, guides, loves and nurtures his flock. Just like the lord jesus. Sheep were used as sacrifies was the lord jesus christ not the ultimate sacrifice? Since the beginning, God has been the Good Shepherd who rescues His lost sheep. When Adam and Eve were hiding in shame because of their sin, He sought them out. Yes, He disciplined them. But He promised a Rescuer. Until jesus's death for their sins, He forgave them by their faith and covered them with animal skins. God still reaches out for the lost to cover and recover them through the blood of Jesus Christ.
What did sheep mean to humans at this time? Sheep were an important part of the possessions of the ancient Hebrews and of eastern nations They were used in the sacrifical offering,as, both the adult animal, and the lamb. Sheep and lambs were food clothing and even sometimes paid as a tribute .Samuel 25:1. "Rams skins dyed red" were used as a covering for the tabernacle. Exodus 25:5 sheep are very dependent on their shepherd just as god wants us to be depend on him .
The parable of the lost sheep was told by Jesus when the Pharisees criticized Him for socializing with sinners. Not acknowleging they were sinners theirselves. Through this story of compassion, Jesus revealed his rescue mission for sinners. In other word bring people to the father by acknowleging jesus the son as god himself. The word that became flesh.
(Luke 15:3-7) nlt
"So Jesus told them this story: "If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them gets lost, what will he do? Won't he leave the ninety-nine others in the wilderness and go to search for the one that is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he will joyfully carry it home on his shoulders. When he arrives, he will call together his friends and neighbors, saying, 'Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.' In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven't strayed away!:
The parable begins with a straying sheep. A sheep apart from the protection of the shepherd is defenseless . Jesus views any person apart from Him as lost. How are they lost? One word ... sin. Sin prevents us to get close to god.
"So there is no justice among us, and we know nothing about right living. We look for light but find only darkness.
We look for bright skies but walk in gloom." Isaiah 59:9. Nlt.
So like jesus who values everyone, every sinner, the shepherd valued every sheep.
Jesus love which led him to the cross to take put punishment for sin is intent upon rescuing the sinner. Just as the shephard would rescue every sheep. John 6:39.nlt.
"And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day"
I think this parable also shows jesus's attidude to saved sinners. Nowhere in the parable does it indicate that the shephard rebuked the sheep, infact he takes it home on his shoulders. No mean feat, an adult sheep is heavy. The shephard would have to bear alot of discomfort. Just as jesus bore the weight of our sins on the cross. Peter 2:24 nlt
"He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin ad live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed."
This parable give us a glimpse of heavenly emotions. The rescue of the lost sheep was a celebration as Heaven rejoices when a sinner repents and start their relationship with the lord. Just such a delight. Not a one of party but lasting pleasure and heartfelt satisfaction. A sinner was home just like the sheep. Good news.
God still reaches out for the lost to cover and recover them through the blood of Jesus Christ.