The parable of the householder

The parable of the householder. Matthew 13:52
"And he said to them, "Therefore every scribe who has been trained for the kingdom of heaven is like a master of a house, who brings out of his treasure what is new and what is old."
The parable of the householder is the last on a series of parables in mathew. This concludes and reflects on them. When Jesus finishes giving the first seven parables, He asks His disciples, "Have you understood these things?" They reply, "Yes." Their comprehension allows Jesus to give one more illustration to reveal their responsibility as scribes being instructed on the subject of the Kingdom of Heaven. In this eighth and last parable of this chapter, Jesus educates His disciples in their roles as students, teachers, and leaders. The householder represents the true minister doing the work of feeding the household of faith. Our Savior shows that a minister of God's household has a truly rich, inspired storehouse of essential spiritual treasures from which he can draw to perform his duties. A "scribe" in the first century had an important position in the Jewish community. 500 years previously Ezra the priest had been a scribe ,trained and skilled in the Law of Moses, which God had given Israel. This points out to the function of a scribe and to the function of what we call a "minister" of God. The scribes are trained for the Kingdom of God and are like a master of a house." In this light, we see the scribe as a student who has been taught and is continuing to be taught. Not only is he a teacher, but he is also learning at the same time. He must continue to learn so that he can continue to teach. Jesus left an example of sending out His disciples after teaching them to preach the Kingdom of God .In this way, the gospel is spread around the world.The scribe is compared to "a householder." "the master of the house." "Master" implies great authority as well as responsibility over his house. The master of the house has the final say in deciding what is best for his household. I think in this parable it is suggesting that God has granted His ministers authority to expound His Word, calling them "masters of the house." A minister is a student, a teacher, and a leader. I dont think treasure in this parable is the same as the hidden treasure. It isnt gems and other precious items. My opinion it means a place for treasure. Jesus refers to a."treasure house"a storeroom" where people keep necessary items like food clothes etc.looking at the parable in this way . The minister is the treasure... the storeroom. They have to use what they have learned and experienced for the benefit of their spiritual family, to use all the the things they have stored away from his study of God's truth and his know-how in living God's way to lead and provide for his flock. Our pastors in our local church are certainly treasures.