The Parable of the Hidden Treasure

Matthew 13:44
The Parable of the Hidden Treasure
"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."
Love this short parable. Not only is jesus giving us a great message he is also in opinion giving us a glimpse of how glorious heaven will be. Worth everything we are and have. When i think of a hidden treasure it isnt money or gems it is a place of outstanding beauty. Or a little place i can escape too for complete peace. After i was saved and baptised i went to cyprus and my hidden treasure was to get up early in the morning and go for a run or walk with my headphones on and worship music in my ears. I stood and look at the beautiful rugged coastline and thought how great is our creator. I had found my hidden treasure on earth. Okay i couldnt and wouldnt have bought it but it had been purchased by jesus's blood and my forgiveness from him because up to that point i had seen with the eyes of darkness, now i see it as a child of the light.Of course the parable is much more than this it was the way i felt when i read it but i need to add one more clarification, nthe term, "kingdom of heaven," is virtually synonymous with the term, "kingdom of God." The kingdom of God is so valuable that losing everything on earth, but getting the kingdom, is a happy trade-off. Having the saving reign of Christ in our lives is so valuable that, if we lose everything, in order to have it, it is a joyful sacrifice. If we treasure it more than anything we will triumph over everything that stands between us and everlasting life .I think we can treat the kingdom of God here with salvation or with reconciliation with God through the work of Christ as the kingdom of God is the rule of God to save us, to bring us from destruction into the enjoyment of Christ forever.how worth it is it have God ruling over you, for you and over everything. Is not hard to see why that is so valuable. If the all-wise God is ruling over all things for your joy, everything must be working for your good, no matter how painful. And in the end God will triumph over all evil and all pain. So this kingdom is a treasure.
It is not that we can buy the kingdom just like i couldnt buy the stunning view or feeling i had when i looked out on gods world. It had been monetary sacrifice to get there , but can you imagine having that feeling every minute in paradise. It is worth costing and losing everything you have. Paul expresses this very thing in Philippians 3:7-8, "But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ " in the parable the man sells everything he has so that he can have the kingdom. Paul suffers the loss of all things that he may gain Christ.
Let us be like the man who is willing to give up everything to gain the ultimate treasure and be like paul and loss everything to gain christ. Although i couldnt purchase cyprian coastline, i can if i surrender to jesus and willing to lose everything gain the kingdom of god. The kingdom of god for now for tomorrow and forever.