The parable of the growing seed

Mark 4:26 -29
And he said, "The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground. He sleeps and rises night and day, and the seed sprouts and grows; he knows not how. The earth produces by itself, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. But when the grain is ripe, at once he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come."
Jesus is continuing to teach and this parable is similar in many ways to Parable of the Sower in Mark 4:2-9. In some ways, this parable expands on the "good soil" (a receptive heart) receives the "seed" (the Word of God).
Jesus tells of a man who scatters seed on the ground and then allows nature to take its course. As the man who sowed the seed goes about his business, the seed begins to have an effect. First, the seed sprouts, then it produces a stalk and leaves, then a head of grain, and, finally, fully developed kernels in the head. Jesus emphasizes that all of this happens without the man's help.
The parable ends with a harvest. As soon as the grain is ripe, and with a sickle the seed is harvested. This happens at just the right time.Jesus leaves us to interperate the meaning and doesnt explain. As in Mark 4:14 the seed is the Word of God, with the growth of the plants as God's Word working in individual hearts. The fact that the crop grows without mans help means that can God accomplish His purposes even when we are absent or unaware of what He's doing. The goal is the ripened grain. At the proper time, the Word will bring forth its fruit, and the Lord of the harvest will be glorified. We can see by 1 Corinthians 3:6 "I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow"the truth of this parable is well illustrated. Just like a farmer cannot force a crop to grow, an evangelist cannot force spiritual life or growth on others.
May we be faithful in "sowing the seed," praying for a harvest, and leaving the rest to the Lord.