Chapter 9

"You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?" Stiles said as I walked into the loft to see Cora and Stiles talking to Peter.

"Do you remember Derek before he was an alpha and he had blue eyes? Do you know what it means to be a werewolf with blue eyes?" Peter asked stiles and Cora.

"I thought it was just genetics" stiles answered.

"Blue eyes mean-" Peter started but I cut him off.

"Blue eyes mean you kill an innocent" I answered causing all three of them to look at me in shock.

"If you want to know what changed Derek... You need to know what changed his eyes" Peter said.

I sat down on the couch and began to listen to the story of when Derek fell in love as a kid and asked Ennis to change his girlfriend so that they could be together forever, however her body rejected the bite causing her to die.

"I just feel like we're not getting the whole story" stiles said.

"What do you mean?" Cora and I asked at the same time.

He explained to us how in Ms.Blake's class they were reading a book and the narrator isn't a reliable source and how peters only telling us what he wants us to hear.

"So what are you going to do? Ask Derek about the girl he fell in love with and then killed?" I asked hinting at how stupid the idea was.

"If I have to" he replied.

"No... He won't talk to you" Cora said to stiles.
"He'll talk to her" she said looking over to me.

"Yeah that's not happening" I said getting up.

"Rowan if we need to find out Derek isn't going to talk to us, he'll talk to you" Cora said stopping me from entering my room.

"And why's that?" I asked.

"Because he loves you" Stiles answered. I looked up from where I was looking and looked at stiles.

"If Derek loved me he wouldn't have slept with Ms.Blake while I was killing myself thinking he was dead" I snapped going into my room.

______________

"Guys I found the dead body" Scott said interrupting stiles and Lydia about who's supposed to find the dead body.

Lydia had a suspicion and drove here heading somewhere else. That only happens when there's a dead body.

____________

"Excuse me" Sheriff Stilinski said to the people he was talking to noticing Stiles and I watching him trying to figure out what was going on.

Stiles went to put his head in his bag but I stopped him by bringing his lips to mine.

"Stiles, Rowan stop kissing" the sheriff said coming up to us. I pulled away from stiles who looked shocked and confused.

"Oh hey Sheriff didn't see you there" I said.

"I know what you guys are thinking about patterns and people dying in threes" sheriff said to stiles and I.