Chapter 25

"He actually used a military grade tomahawk" I heard as I woke up from my nap.
I walked over to the railing, so that I could see what they were talking about, only to see Braeden shirtless while talking to Derek.

"Well that's not in this report" Derek replied.

"I know" Braeden said as she pulled her shirt over her head to put it on while smirking at Derek.

"Are you going to tell me what else you know?" Derek asked turning around to look at her.
I stayed quiet so they wouldn't know that I am awake.

"Not yet, because I don't know much" she said straightening the shirt over her abdomen.

"You know something" he said closing the file he was looking at.

"Maybe.. the problem is, the people I need to talk to right now, don't talk to people like you" she said

"You want me to wait for you?" Derek asked her.

"I want you to trust me" she said going closer to him.

"How am I supposed to trust you? I don't know anything about you" he replied as he went closer to her.

"Yeah well I know you" she stated tilting her head to the side. "And I know what you really want" she added before walking around the table "you want what Kate stole from you" she said something in a different language but I didn't bother to listen to what it was because she said what it meant right after.
"They say someone's true nature is reflected in your eyes, in your case it's the color of your eyes" she said before turning and walking over to where her things were.

"You have a week" Derek stated before throwing her gun towards her in which she caught with ease.

I looked at Derek as she walked out of the loft.
"So are you going to tell me what that was about and why she was shirtless?" I asked as I walked down the stairs to the lower part of the loft.

Derek turned to me "she was just changing, and I hired her to find Kate" he said walking over to me.

"She couldn't have used the bathroom?" I asked. He reached his arm out to me but I backed away slightly telling him I didn't want him to touch me right now.

"She was just changing" he repeated stepping closer to me but I took a step back in the process. "Why are you getting upset?" He asked me.

"You couldn't have hired someone who doesn't look like a goddess?" I asked looking up at him.

"She's the best" he said looking down at me.

"I'm gonna go for a run" I said walking back up to the room to change quickly.
I changed into black Nike pros and a black sports bra.

"Rowan come on nothing was going on" Derek said grabbing my arm as I came down the stairs.

"I just need to think for a little bit" I said quietly looking down.

"Okay" he replied as he went to kiss my cheek but I turned my head.

"Please don't" I said before walking out of the loft.
As I got outside I immediately started running, before I knew it I was entering the woods.

I ran through the woods and eventually stopped, I sat on the ground and grabbed my phone before turning it off.
I sat there for a little while and just thought, before I knew it, it had gotten dark. I sat there for maybe an hour or two more just sitting in the dark, before I got up and ran home.

Derek was gone when I had gotten there so I just laid in the bed and tried to fall asleep.
I couldn't sleep, tossing and turning every few seconds and a few hours later I felt Derek get in the bed.
I sighed and rolled over, putting my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.
I closed my eyes and after a few minutes I fell asleep.