MOMMY...I MISS YOU!

Damn!
I raced towards Him and grabed that diary from his hand and threatened him 'never to touch it again'

I could clearly see that he was taken aback but I was not at fault. This diary held my darkest of secrets.....

Yeah .....my secrets....

12 years back...

"Hello...." a male voice speaks on phone.
"Dad....dad where's mom...nishant and me are trying to find her everywhere....you are finding her na...." I was 13 then.

I lived in Perth, Australia. I had the best family in this world.
Mom, dad, Aarav and me.
You already know about Aarav(Aditi's younger brother).

I had a best friend named Nishant Sahani.
His parents and mine were best friends too. We went to the same school and were in the same class. We used to hangout everytime. Be it parks, cafe, shopping. And ofcourse we were very rich. Just like the Malhotras.

We were the only Indians there so people used to get glued to us. I was best in everything except academics...I was an A1-A2 kind of student whereas Nishant had got god gifted brains....he was a genius. He did all my homework and I made all his projects...

Most of the time I used to be at his place as his parents used to come to Perth once or twice a week. And at night he used to sleep at my place....

Life couldn't get any Better for me until one day...

My parents announced their divorce in public and I got to know about it the next day...through newspapers and friends.
I was really angry then.
What made my parents get divorced...
This cannot be my father's fault and nor can I blame mom.
Small fights happen in life but divorce?

I reached home fuming in anger but my anger was converted into shock when I entered the living room and saw mom sitting on the couch, crying.
A lady, I think of my mom's age was standing with her fingers entwined with my dad's fingers and a girl of my age or maybe elder to me was standing beside them.
As they saw me they became quite.

"In your room Aditi..." my dad said.
I couldn't see mom crying but what else I could have done?
As I was walking,  I heard mom saying "don't let my kids suffer because of your dirty deeds"

Dirty deeds?
What deeds was she talking about?
I made it a mental note to ask mom about it...till then I' d change.

The next day was my birthday.

It was midnight and I was waiting for my surprise when I saw a notification on my phone. It was Nishant's messagewhich read  'come downstairs, I saw aunty leaving home with her luggage'

What?
And as I was about to leave I tripped and when I was getting up, I saw a beautiful got box at my night stand.
And a letter too...

But right now I had to see mom.
I reached downstairs and found Nishant hiding behind the pillars.
"Aunty left home" he whispered.
"Are you mad?" I said "it's my birthday today...idiot" as I said something clicked in my mind.

I ran to my room and read that letter.

Dear Addu
My princess...my fairy
        First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY. May god bless you and you live really long.
There's a gift for you...(it was a fairy locket...media box)
Hope You liked it as it was the last gift from your mommy.
Beta, I have always loves and will always love you but I have to leave this house, Perth and you behind me. It's not that Mumma doesn't love you...it's just that you need to learn to live alone.
Forgive dad if he ever breaks your heart...he loves you too...
You will get a new mother and a sweet sister in Ruhanika and Veronica respectively. Take care of them and don't neglect Aarav. He is really young. He won't understand the reason why I left. I hope you will...
Won't you? You are my brave daughter and I know you aren't going to miss me much....make me proud someday and your father too. Study well and don't eat too much of junk food. Exercise daily and respect your teachers. Keep this locket with you wherever you go and promise me that you'll be a good girl.
Help veronica in her studies too and make your new mommy comfortable in this house.
Whenever you get married, follow the same rule. It was my dream to see you getting married but circumstances aren't favorable. Will always miss you and love you till my last breath...
Your loving mommy
Niharika.

I busted out in tears and rushed to dad's room to go and find mommy...
We couldn't find her anywhere.
She left....left me and Aarav all alone....

Why mommy?
I loved you too...

I got answers to all my questions on my birthday...
The nightmare...

__________________________________

Hello readers.

So a cliffhanger...not exactly but yeah!
What is Aditi's secret?
Any doubt regarding Nishant?
And is this it?
Her father and mother are alive and they live in Delhi so how come Perth and so many stuffs...any guesses?

Do not forget to vote and comment..
Your loving writer.
Aditi.