The Locker Room: Chapter Fifteen: Picture of Cover

A/N

I hate this chapter. One, its a fill in chapter and I hate writing those! The whole point of this chapter was to get to know about Audrey. The worse part? It's only two pages long and I don't feel like making it longer. I could but I just don't feel like it. Thank you for reading, commenting, voting, and fanning. I love you all. XD

Picture on the side made by: InsipidLives

Song on the side is Time of Your Life by Green Day. I'm pretty sure that you can figure out why I chose that song.

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Fifteen

           There was a little talk during the ride to the wake. It was the evening and Florida was warm, but it wasn't hot. Plus, there was a nice breeze outside.

            Yesterday, I ate some cookies with my grandma and my parents. Mostly my parents chatted about work, my grandma chatted about what was new with her and such, and I talked about the years my grandma missed. All in all I learned a lot about my grandma. Like how she used to still go on dates with my grandpa, even though they were married.

            After a very long conversation, I decided to ask my grandma where I would be sleeping. She smiled at me and showed me to my room. I thank her and I laid down on the bed. It was only three o'clock, but it felt later than that. I blamed it on how tired I was.

            I pulled my phone out, but I didn't have any new text messages. I decided to get a good start on my homework, so I worked on that for a few hours. My mom brought me out of the current day dream I was having.

            "Audrey, we are here," said my mom. I turned my head towards her. I noticed that we pulled up in front of a little church. I sighed and opened my door. I slowly got out. I quickly fixed my dress.

            I was wearing a pretty short black dress. Yet, it wasn't very tight and even Jenny said that it didn't show my curves at all. This sadly was the only appropriate black dress I owned. I was wearing electric blue high heels, though. I hated wearing black, so I had to add color somewhere.

            I slowly walked into the small church. I followed my family and I realized that we were the first one there. I guess it wasn't that much of a surprised, but still. We arrived in the room for us. Right away I got that feeling. Death.

            I looked around. The lights were deemed a little bit. There was candles burning, and chairs set up. I noticed that the coffin had some stuff in it. I started the short walk to see my grandpa.

            I walked and looked at the pictures that were posted. I saw when he was a baby to when he was old. I was in some of them and the one I liked the most was when he was laugh really hard, and I was smiling looking up to him. I smiled at that picture.

            I finally reached the coffin and looked down. The first thought that went through me was that he aged. He had a lot more wrinkles and he just looked older. He was wearing a black suite with his arms crossed like any other person. He looked peaceful lying there. I heard a few voices behind me, but I ignored them. I turned back to my grandpa and quickly said a little pray. I asked God to take good care of my grandpa.

            I turned around and I noticed a few people have arrived. I didn't know any of them since most of them were probably family friends. I decided to go and see what kind of snacks they had. I slowly walked out of the room and into the kitchen. I noticed that they had chocolate chip cookies. Yum, my favorite.

♥                                                                     ♥                                                                 ♥

            I looked around and noticed that a lot of people were trying to hold back their tears. We were at the funeral now. I noticed that my dad was told my mom's hand tightly, while my mom held my grandma's hand.

            We said our last goodbyes. I got up and stretched out. I hated going to funerals. They were so sad and really boring. My family finally stood up. They were all looking at the ground. My grandma finally announced that it was time to go out to lunch.

            As far as I know we were eating a seafood restaurant. I hated seafood. I took one last glance at the tombstone. My grandma chose my grandpa's favorite quote for his tombstone instead of something like "You would be missed." I thought her idea was way more original, and it suited him.

            I knew my grandpa would rather have me have fun and not let his death held me back. I followed my family back to the car trying to not let my high heels sink into the grass.

            When we got at the restaurant I could smell the seafood. I immediately felt like I was going to throw up. However, I didn't say anything. I kept it to myself. I quickly ate some salad, and my grandma complained how I should eat more. I just told her that I wasn't really hungry.

            Finally, after what seemed like hours, but really only an hour we were heading back off to the airport. I said goodbye to my grandma and she was sad that we had to leave so early. My mom gave her the excuse that I have school and other people actually have jobs. She just smiled and gave me a big hug.

            I just couldn't wait for later today.