The Locker Room: Chapter Twenty-Seven: Picture of Cover

A/N:

Hello. It's been a long time since I updated, but here I am posting a new chapter! Finally. I've been busy and today I'm going to be busy doing some homework I decided. But I wanted to update before I did homework, so I got up early to do so. Thank you for being patient with me for not uploading in a while. I'm sure you're going to like this chapter.

Dedicated to lverlaine, because she made the awesome cover, currently the cover right now, and it's also on the side. 

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Twenty-Seven

            I was finally able to pull Kane away from Jace. I noticed that Kane was already starting to get a black eye, and his lip was bleeding. I looked behind me, and I noticed that Jenny was pulling Jace away in the opposite direction. I hope she told him to go home. If only we arrived twenty minutes earlier than when we did, we probably would have be able to stop the fight.

            The first thing I noticed when I reached Jenny's house, was the number of cars all around the house. Obviously, someone was having a party. I wanted to pull into her driveway, but it was already full with cars that I didn't recognize. I had to park two blocks down. We should've just walked from my house; we probably would have gotten their faster.

            Jenny and I speed walked the whole way there. We wanted to stop the fight before it even happened, but I guess deep down we both knew that it probably already happened. Jenny opened her front door and walked in, scanning around looking for Kane. We didn't have to look very hard, because the fight was just at its peak when we arrived.

            Everyone was in the living room, in a circle; while in the middle were Kane and Jace. I noticed that Kane was on top of Jace, and he was punching him. However, Jace clearly the loser of the fight, didn't give up. He was still struggling, and by the time Jenny got in the middle, Jace threw a few good punches.

            Jenny tried to pull Kane off of Jace, but he was putting up a good fight with her, too. Finally, Tyler came in the middle and helped pull off Kane. Jace got up and he tried to punch him again, but Jenny got in the way just in time. Jace had good reflexes, because he stopped his punch. I finally came in the middle of the circle, and I shot Jenny a look. My look told her that I would deal with Kane, while she dealt with Jace. She gave me a short nod.

            I opened the freezer, and looked for some ice. I noticed that they didn't have any ice. I was about to close the freezer, when I heard a voice.

            "The frozen peas work just as well as ice," said Kane. I jumped, since the fight I haven't heard him speak.

            I quickly grabbed the frozen peas, and I handed them to him. He put the frozen peas against his swollen eye. I noticed he winced, but tried to hide it. He was still trying to be so tough.

            "How'd you know about the fight?" asked Kane.

And now I was stuck. What should I say? Jenny and I knew about the fight, because of the recorder, but I was never going to tell Kane that. And before we came over we didn't talk about a backup plan. I had to wing it, and I had to tell Jenny before she told him something completely different. So I went with the safest thing, I could think of.

"A text message," I said. Kane looked at me, and I could tell he didn't believe me one bit.

"From who?" asked Kane.

"She didn't say," I said, a little too fast. "So why'd you do it?" I wanted to change the subject, and that's the only thing I could think of.

"What, the fight? That's what guy's do, Audrey. If it wasn't for Jenny, I would have beaten him some more," said Kane. I sighed.