The Locker Room: Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N:

I wasn't really supposed to update, but once I got 1D tickets I could help myself with the excitement. I'm not too happy with this chapter, since I think there needs to be more work, but whatever. It's good enough to post, and its only a draft anyways.

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Twenty-Nine

            The friend wasn't Jace, and I was happy that it wasn't him. It was another friend by the name of Brain Rodgers. Brain was hot; does Tyler only have hot friends? Brain had dirty blond hair that each his eyebrows, and hazel eyes. He was tall and very muscular. I immediately thought that he was in a lot of sports, and I found out that I was right.

            When, I reached Jenny's house, I didn't see Tyler's car in the driveway. It was a good thing that I beat him. I walked up to Jenny's door, and I opened it. I didn't bother ringing the doorbell, since Jenny knew I would be coming to her house about this time. I heard music playing coming from her room, and I went up the stairs. Jenny of course was still getting ready, and this didn't surprise me either.

            Once I reached her door, I knocked on it and Jenny opened it. I noticed that she was still in her underwear, but her hair and makeup was done. I breathed a sigh of relief, since Jenny was actually pretty much running on time.

            "Quick! Which shirt should I wear?" asked Jenny, while holding up two shirts.

            "Depends on what bottoms you will wear with it," I said. Jenny sighed. She was holding up a baby blue t-shirt, with a bird on it. The other shirt was hot pink and white strips.

            "I was just going to wear some jean shorts," said Jenny. Still looking at both of the shirts.

            "Shorts? You do know that it's going to be getting cold at night," I said.

The weather actually told me it was supposed to drop down to forty tonight, but in the afternoon it was supposed to get up to seventy. However, we were going to be moving a lot, so I could see why Jenny would pick shorts.

            "Duh, Audrey, so when I get cold I actually have an excuse to cuddle with Tyler," said Jenny. I laughed. I couldn't help it.

            "Wear the damn blue shirt," I said. "Besides if you are boyfriend/girlfriend, you wouldn't need an excuse to cuddle."

            "And who's to say they know more about relationships?" asked Jenny, while she threw on the blue shirt. Then she went into her closet and grabbed some dark jean shorts and threw them on as well.

            I was silent; I couldn't say anything to that. I've never had a boyfriend. Hell, I barely knew any guys. I hated going to an only girl's school. I hated it, and every day shows a different reason why to never go to a girl's only school.

           "Hm...you're right the blue shirt does look better on me than the pink one," said Jenny. I nodded back at her. I didn't know what to say still. Luckily, I was saved by the doorbell ringing.

            Jenny and I looked at each other, and then we looked at the time. Tyler was right on time. I should have known. Jenny walked past me and started going down the stairs to answer the door. I quickly followed her; I didn't want to look like I was still getting ready.

Jenny opened her door. Tyler looked at her and his whole face brightened. Aw...so cute. He walked through the door and gave a short peck on the lips and then he moved to the side. I was still standing on the last step, when I saw him. I first noticed that he was very tall, which was always a good thing. I immediately thought that I would like this guy.

"Audrey," said Tyler looking at me, "this is Brain." Tyler pointed behind his back.

"Hi," I said. I didn't know really anything else to say.

"It's Brain Rodgers," he said, but then quickly added, "never forget that name."

I nodded. This should have been the first sign that I wasn't going to get along with the guy, but I completely ignored it. Maybe it was because he was hot, and I kind of just realized that I'm a loser in relationships, but whatever the case was I should have known.

But maybe that's just part of the adventure of trying to find your soul mate.

♥                                                                     ♥                                                                 ♥

            The amusement was actually pretty fun. If it wasn't Brain there, I thought it was be a lot more fun. Every single ride, I rode with him. I was fine with that at first, but I soon realized that I couldn't stand him. Jenny and Tyler were having fun, holding hands, and they had a smile on their faces the whole time. I couldn't ruin their special date though, so I didn't complain to her.

            While we were in the car driving towards the amusement park, Brain talked about himself. Waiting in line for a die, one whole hour, Brain would talk about himself. Even during the ride, Brain would talk about his fucking self. I never knew I could learn so much about one person in a day.

            Seriously. Brain never let me talked, and if I did manage to get a word in it was something along the lines of 'yep.' I learned that Brian played three sports, he had four older sisters, and his parents were like in their sixties. I also learned that Brain was going to go to some really expensive college that he got a sports scholarship from.

            Brain did seem like a really nice guy, he just talked about himself all the time. Maybe he was nervous, but he seemed like the most relaxed person ever. At multiple times of the day, I just wanted to slap him across the face. Maybe that would have made him shut the hell up.

            Once Tyler dropped us off at at Jenny's house, I couldn't have gotten out of the car faster. I almost even forgot to say bye, and I would have if Tyler didn't say something. Brain looked hurt that I was getting out of the car so fast, while Jenny was giving Tyler a last kiss. But it didn't faze me, since I just wanted to get inside of the house, and explain everything that happened to Jenny.

            Once we got inside the house, Jenny turned to me with a small smile on her face. Her eyes still had a very faint sparkle in them; I only saw them when she was with Tyler. She sighed and the sparkle went away, until next time.

            "You need to go home right away?" asked Jenny. I quickly pulled out my phone, and checked the time. I soon realized that it was later than I thought, and I had school the next day.

            "Yeah, it looks that that I am," I said. Jenny looked down at my phone, and her eyes widened when she saw that it was eleven at night.

            "Okay, but tell me one thing real quick," said Jenny, and then she yawned. "Did you like Brain? Because if you do then we could go on more double dates, and it would be so much fun. Don't you think?"

            I looked at Jenny, and my heart sank. Jenny wanted a friend with a boyfriend, so she could have fun and go on double dates. I thought Brain was horrible, but I couldn't say no, if it would make my best friend happy.

            "Yeah, he was great," I said. Jenny's face light up even more, and then she gave me a big hug.

            "Great! Tomorrow we will go out to dinner. Okay?" asked Jenny. I just nodded.

            "Good night," I said.

            "Good night," said Jenny, while I was walking out of the door.

            I got inside my car, and then I drove home. I noticed that the stars were out again, but I just kept thinking that I needed to go out into the country, soon. I wanted to see the bright stars, before it got too cold. However, I didn't want to go by myself. Maybe I could get Jenny to go with me. I made myself focus on the road again, and soon enough I pulled into my driveway and parked. Once my head hit my pillow one thought went through my mind.

            What the fuck did I just get myself into?