The Locker Room: Chapter Twenty-Four: Picture of Tyler

A/N:

OMG. It's been over a month since I updated this story, I'm sorry. I have a four day weekend, so I decided to update it at least once. I might post another chapter on Monday, but please don't count on it. I kind of have a lot of homework.

The song on the side is I Should Have Kissed You by One Direction. I love the song and I love One Direction. Plus, it does fit with the chapter. ;)

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Twenty-Four

            Monday afternoon I got a phone call from Val. She said that she was volunteering, so there for couldn't make it to my house. I then called Miley, Dana, and Jenny; we agreed that we couldn't listen to the recorder without Val. We promised that we would listen to the recorder Tuesday.

            Little did they know that we wouldn't be able to listen to the recorder at all.

            Tuesday came, and I was just leaving the school when I got a text message. This time it was Jenny who couldn't make it. Jenny and Tyler decided to try the date thing, starting fresh, and Tuesday was her first date. Jenny apologized, and said that it was a last minute thing. I couldn't have been happier. Finally, Jenny was going on a date with Tyler. We then pushed it back to Wednesday.

            I hated not telling them about the recorder.

            Wednesday afternoon I was cleaning my house, getting ready for everyone to arrive, when my phone went off again. This time I knew we would have to cancel again. I looked at the caller ID, and noticed it was Miley. I answered and Miley stated that she had a paper due the next day and couldn't make it. I sighed and told her it was okay. I called Val. I told her about the news and she also wanted to cancel. I then finally called Jenny, however she didn't pick up. I just left a quick message for her. Thursday was going to be the day that we would listen to the recorder.

            Now it was getting harder to tell them what happened to the recorder.

            Thursday came and no phone calls were made. I was actually setting up the living room. Secretly, I wished that it got pushed back another day.

            I heard the doorbell go off, and I groaned. How was I supposed to tell them now? I knew that the recorder "broke" since Monday. And plus, since I knew that it broke before the meeting, shouldn't I have called them before they made it to my house.

            Actually, now when I think about it why the hell didn't I tell them over the phone? It would have been way easier, and I wouldn't have to face the look on their faces. I am so stupid sometimes.

            I opened up the door and I saw all three of them standing there. They had excitement written all over their faces.

            And I was going to crush their dreams.

♥                                                                     ♥                                                                 ♥

            "So it was an accident that water got spilled on the recorder?" asked Val, with her eyes watching me. I knew she didn't completely believe me, and that took me off balance. I thought Jenny would be the one to press the questions more, since she knew me better. But she was taking the side of the best friend, defending me.

            "Val, of course it was an accident! Audrey isn't the type of person to spill water on the recorder on purpose. Think about it also, who is the one who really got this plan starting?" asked Jenny.