The Locker Room: Chapter Thirty-One

A/N:

I'm updating, again. Aren't you proud of me? I'm proud of myself. I wasn't going to update today, but I decided I should finish the chapter. Also, I kind of changed it up as I was going along. But I'm happy the way this chapter turned out! ^.^

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Thirty-One

            Tyler pulled up into Jenny’s driveway, and I couldn’t be happier. I opened my door right away, and I hoped out. Jenny gave me a look that said I’ll-be-there-in-a-second. I understood her completely, and to my disappointment, that meant that Brain would follow me back to Jenny’s door.

            I cursed under my breath, but I kept walking towards the door. Maybe if I reached it before Brian reached me, I could escape me. I was two steps away from the door, when Brain caught my arm and swung me around. What the fuck was I thinking? Of course he could catch up to me! He’s a guy for god’s sake. Guys walk faster when they want to. That’s just common sense.

            “Damn, Auds, I didn’t know you walked so fast,” said Brian.

            Since when did he call me Auds? I don’t just let anybody call me that. I only let the people closest to me call me that. Not even my parents are allowed to call me that. But wait a minute, he didn’t talk about himself! It’s a miracle. Not. I had enough of this dude for the rest of my life.

            “Look, Brain, I’m not feeling too well,” I said.

            Brain actually looked concerned for a split second. I actually thought he was going to comment how sorry he was, and he hoped I would get better soon. Why the fuck did I keep thinking this? This was Brain! Brain who just talked about himself, never about anyone or something else.

            “Oh, my sister has a cold, she says it’s been going around,” said Brian.

            “Brain, I’m going to go inside now,” I said.

            “Wait,” said Brian.

I stopped in my tracks and looked back up to Brain. This was my last chance to give to Brain. Would it be no surprise if I said that he ruined it? Well, he did. He started to lean towards me, and had that look that I could just tell that he was going to try to kiss me. I just snapped inside. I couldn’t hold it in any longer.

“Don’t you fucking dare kiss me,” I said, harshly. Maybe it was a little too harsh.

Brain stopped leaning towards me, and looked at me with a surprise look on his face. Now I felt kind of bad. I know that Brain wasn’t really boyfriend material, but overall he was a pretty nice guy. He never tried to hit me or anything. He just talked about himself a little too much. I took a deep breath, as far as I could tell I had Brain’s full attention and I was going to use it to my best advantage.

            “Brain, you’re a nice guy and all,” I said.

            “Stop right there,” said Brian. He let go of my arm, and took a step back. “I get it. I’m a nice guy, but it’s not going to work. Save your words.”

            And with that Brain turned around and walked back to the car, fast. Jenny turned the corner just then, and gave Brain a smile. He didn’t smile back. I couldn’t help but stare after him, with a surprised look on my fast. Was that all it took to get him off of me? I should have done that earlier. Why didn’t I?

            Once Brian was out of my sight, I looked back at Jenny she was smiling at me widely. Oh, no, that smile could only mean one thing. She thought we kissed! Didn’t she read how he stalked off? I guess she was too busying looking at my reaction and not his. Fuck my life.