The Locker Room: Chapter Thirty-Two

A/N:

I wasn't going to update today, but I forgot that I only really had a half day of school. After taking the state test. Anyways, I was going to make this chapter longer (if you can believe that), but I cut it off, since I figured it was a nice spot to stop at.

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Thirty-Two

            Kane.

            It was Kane who I had to hit with Jenny’s history book. It could have been anybody, but no it had to be Kane. My jaw dropped. How could I be so stupid? Of course it wasn’t a burglar! It was just you know the other person who lived in the house.

            I quickly dropped the book on the floor and looked at Kane, with my jaw still dropped. He gave me a dirty look, but his eyes told me it was okay. I hit him right in the middle of his forehead. It has already bright red, and it was starting to swell. I didn’t hit him that hard, did I?

            “I’m sooo sorry,” I said, with my eyes going huge. I still couldn’t get over the fact that I just hit Kane with about a ten pound book. And apparently, I hit him hard.

            “Just do me a favor and get me some Advil,” said Kane, he moved to the closet kitchen chair and sat down. He still held his head where I hit him.

            I swallowed and nodded my head. If I was hit by somebody I knew with a history book, I would have never forgiven them. I wish Kane wasn’t like that. Quickly, I opened the cabinet that kept all the medicines, and I started shifting through the boxes. I finally found the one I was looking for. I took two pills and handed them to Kane. He looked at them, and back at me.

            “Water?” he asked.

            I blushed. I had to be the stupidest person ever. I walked over to get a glass and then I filled it up with the water from the sink. I handed the glass over to Kane, and he threw the pills into his mouth. He took a drink of the water, and looked back at me.

            “So…what are you doing here?” Kane asked. I guess Jenny failed to mention that I was sleeping over for the night. Whateves.

            “What are you doing up, walking around in the kitchen making very loud noises?” I asked.

            “Easy. I just got home, I was hungry. I was looking around for something to eat, but obviously there isn’t anything to eat in this house,” said Kane. “Your turn to answer my question.”

            “I was sleeping over for the night, and I couldn’t sleep,” I said.

            Right on cue in the silence, my stomach grumbled loudly. I blushed again. Damn stomach. I thought back to the date, and realized that I didn’t really eat. Who could eat while looking at half chewed food?

            “Looks like someone else is hungry,” said Kane, raising one eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes.

            “Yeah, well maybe I am, but at least I can live with my hunger,” I said.

            “Really? Because I’m kind of feeling like McDonald’s right now,” said Kane.

            I loved McDonald’s, and I think Kane knew this. McDonald’s was terrible food for your health, but I just couldn’t help but love the fries that they should there. The fries were the best, and everyone in America would agree with me. I blinked and then looked away from Kane. I looked back after a few seconds at him; Kane was wearing a smirk on his face. He knew he had me.