✶Notes✶

Staring at the page before me, my mind froze up. How was I to respond to an absolute stranger? Was I even supposed to respond back? The more I glanced down at the three sloppily written words, the more anxious I became. I have never written notes before, let alone with a boy. By the time my pencil reached the paper, beads of sweat were dripping off of my forehead. Playing it safe I decided to play it with a simple Hi.

Slickly sliding the notebook over to the boy beside me, I thanked God that our teacher hadn't glanced back and caught us yet

From the corner of my eye Peter could be seen shaking his head and smiling. Sliding the notebook back to me, my eyes curiously scanned over his response.

Not one for words, huh?

Funny, I thought. It was lucky I could even make out his words. His writing was so illegible, it was pretty hard to decipher. If his regular writing looked like this, I could only imagine what his cursive looked like.

Nope.

Passing the paper back to him, he quickly wrote back.

So you have a name?

Looking at him like he was an idiot, a sly smirk danced on his lips.

Yes.

As he read over my word, he shot me a look and mouthed "Really?"

Covering my mouth so my giggle wouldn't escape, he shoved the notebook back at me.

So you're playing hard to get?

Rolling my eyes, I had to bite my lip from responding in person.

No, I just thought you'd like to take a lucky guess.

His emerald eyes swiftly shuffled over my response and as his pencil scribbled sloppy words on the paper, a smile formed on his face.

A challenge that I'll gladly take milady. What letter should I begin with?

A

Your name doesn't start with an A, does it?

Nope, not even close.

©Lightning_Stryker 2016