✶Brand New Pages✶

As I sat down next to the empty seat next to Peter, his eyes nearly bulged out of his head. "You have Leedlelee too?"

    Snorting, I shook my head and laughed. Going through my folder, I gasped when I realized that the essay due today had gotten stepped all over due to the incident with Brock yesterday.

    "Nooooo!"

    "What?" Peter asked as he cocked an eyebrow.

    "My essay," I squealed, pointing to the giant muddy footprint on it.

    "Oh," he said, examining the paper.

    "Oh man, you didn't print another one?"

    " I wish I would've, but no I didn't. How could I have forgotten? I'm such an idiot!" I screamed, putting my head down on the desk. His hand wrapped around my wrist as his green eyes held concern within them. "Hey, you're not an idiot. You shouldn't fret about little things like that."

    "That was two hundred points! My grade is going to plummet!"

    "Hey, take it easy. Just go through this again," He said as he grabbed my English folder.

    Flipping through the papers, he looked back up at me in surprise. "You write a lot of essays , don't you?"

    Shaking my head, he shuffled through the papers. "Hey, this one is dated today-wait,wait. Scratch that, it's a history essay. Sorry."

    Sighing, I felt my face flush a bright shade of red. I have never felt more stupid in my entire life and now my grade was going to reflect my level of stupidity. Giving up, I laid my head on the desk and wrapped my arms around my face.

    "Wait, wait. I think I found something. Is this it?" He asked with a giant grin plastered on his face.

    Passing the paper towards me, I read through bits and pieces of it and it was the same exact essay as the one with the footprint on it.

    "This was in there?"

    Nodding, he replied, "Yup. Sometimes looking is half of the problem."

    As he passed my folder back to me I searched for the ruined essay but it was nowhere to be found. I was also one-hundred percent positive that I had only printed one copy of this essay. What kind of sorcery is this?

    "Peter, where is the other essay?"

    "What essay?"

    "The one that got ruined."

    He just looked forward and smiled.

    "What did you do to it?" I pressed on, but was quickly cut off by Mr. Leedle's voice.

    Where in the world was the other essay and how had he done this?

© Lightning_Stryker 2016