04: Contained

So I just wanted to shoutout the amazing Colettehatesyou for making this super freaking cute drawing of Peter & Finn!! Seriously, she's amazingly talented and you should also check out her art page on instagram @hellyesart !!! Go do it!! You will ...

So I just wanted to shoutout the amazing Colettehatesyou for making this super freaking cute drawing of Peter & Finn!! Seriously, she's amazingly talented and you should also check out her art page on instagram @hellyesart !!! Go do it!! You will not regret it! ❤️

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Laying on the plush cushion of my bed, one hand one behind my head while the other tossed up the empty napkin to the cookie I had stolen into my bedroom. As my eyes gazed over the surroundings outside, a pang of guilt overcame my conscience. Here I was, my whole entire world literally seated on a soft, white lining of clouds while Laney was out there surrounded by the darkness of the world. Why was it that my world could seem so quiet, so peaceful, compared to hers? Why did we have to be torn lightyears apart from each other?

    A soft knock on my bedroom door startled me out of my thoughts. "Come in...," I uttered, not taking my gaze away from the paper ball that was floating in mid-air.

    Finn's attention was on the paper ball that floated about three feet above my body, and he smiled as he noticed that its movements were following the direction in which my finger pointed.

    "Seriously?  You were a month away and all you do when you come home is levitate a crumpled napkin?"

    Shrugging, I tossed the crumpled napkin toward his face with a flick of my finger. Finn managed to catch it right before it bopped him in the face. "And I also expected that," he said with a boyish smirk. Noticing that he had left the door open, he glided toward the door and closed it.

    "Hey, your flying has gotten faster," I complimented with a nod. My praise made his emerald irises shimmer as he glowed with pride.

    Taking a quick bow, my smiley brother once again flashed me his famous grin. "I've been praticing while you've been gone."

    Propping muyself up on my bed, I leaned my body on a pillow. "Wow, seems like a lot has happened while I was gone. A new skill, a new secret," I said while wiggling my eyebrows in a teasing manner.

    A light blush overcame Finn's face, as he knew exactly to what I was refering to.

    "Goodness, what else did I miss?"

    Finn shrugged, "Eh, what else can I say? Nothing really, just normal school stuff. Mom and dad are just hanging in there like always."

    "Have they been strict lately?"

    "Nope, they've been pretty cool with me," he said as he sprawled himself out on the wooden floorboards.

    "But what's really concerning me," he continued, "Is you."

    Cocking an eyebrow at him, I was curious as to where this conversation was headed. Which of my other flaws did Finn want to point out now?