01: Greetings

This is the first out of five parts of the bonus chapters. To prepare for #TheWattys2017 and also to thank you for all of your support, I have decided to add 5 extra chapters from Peter's POV. These events take place right after the end of the book's final chapter and give us more background on Peter and his life at home.  Enjoy!

 As my shimmering silhouette reappeared on this empty place that I called home, a single tear gracefully kissed my flesh as if it were hanging onto the last moment that I had with her. Never had my heart felt like it had become one with the pit in my stomach, but there was always room for first time experiences.

Taking in a deep breath, I inhaled and squeezed my eyes tightly. Compose yourself, Peter. Mom and Dad will know something's wrong. And Finn will be able to sense the sadness in the air. He always does...

Letting out the excess air that filled my stomach, I opened my eyes and hesitated to walk up the stairs. Something just felt...wrong.

Laney needed me, she still needed me. How fair was it that I was sent back to Neverland when I never truly fulfilled my purpose in the first place? It irritated me, even infuriated me that I had to leave her there in that state of mind. Yet as I stood here on the front steps of my house, I was reluctant to go in. The boy that I once was seemed to have left himself back on Earth because the boy standing at the front steps now was filled with guilt, doubt, and stress.

Building up the confidence to take steps forward toward the door, I prepared to seal my fate. The Council would disown me, ban me from Neverland. I would get ripped away from my family and put in isolation all because deep down, I knew the truth. In this exact moment in time, my heart yearned for her presence. Wanting nothing more than to be in the same atmosphere as her, the scary realization dawned upon me as if I were being consumed by an ocean wave itself. I liked her.

I liked her in a way that no other person has ever made me feel. She not only made my whole life fill up with a delightful joy, but she understood how it felt to be perfectly imperfect. Laney Riverdale simply took my soul, spoke healing words into it, and made me feel alive. If I were to have to give up my entire lifestyle to feel that way once more, I would give it up in a single heartbeat.

In this very moment as I stood before my house, my conscience was drowning in thoughts of her. And as a gloss covered my emerald irises, I knew I had to conceal these feelings. If anyone knew, if anyone had a hint of the emotions I was succumbing to, I would be nothing more than a felon- an immortal who had committed a crime of being romantically fascinated with a mortal.

My eyes squeezed together, trying to fight the rest of the tears that were ready to make their journey down my face. On impulse, my finger pressed on the front doorbell. It was better to face everything now than never. My heartbeat fastened as it thumped against the interior of my chest. Within a few seconds, the door swooshed open and I was greeted by two smiling faces.

"Ohmypixiedust, you're home!" shouted my mother as she ran outside and wrapped her loving arms around me. Though her frame was shorter than mine, I wrapped a single arm around her small body.

Looking at my dad, I flashed him a grin. He sent me a quick smile as he put his hands in his pocket, yet his expression quickly morphed into another. Gnawing at his lip, he nodded towards my mother and I and made his way over to us.

His stone cold expression only made a shiver go down my spine and made my mind race a million miles per hour. Dad was never this serious. He was always chipper and was actually known to be one of the friendliest people here in Neverland. This only led me to assume that something terrible had happened when I was gone.

"Nice to have you home again, son," said my father as he joined in the group hug.

"I missed you guys," I replied, grinning at my parents like an idiot. Doing all I could to not let my inner sadness reach my surface, I acted as I always have: Happy, as if I had no real cares in the world. In a way, it did bother me that I even had to fake happiness around my own family, but what else could I do? There were duties that I had to uphold, and being happy was the simplest of them all.

My mother was thrilled and excited that I had safely returned. My father however, kept staring at me in the weirdest manner. What was wrong with him today? Was he in a mood?

Mother's blonde hair bounced up and down as she did. "I made your favorite snack! You know those chocolate chip cookies, the ones that-"

"That Belle's mom gets from work?!" I asked excitedly, nearly bouncing along with her.

Nodding in excitement, she flashed me a toothy grin. "She came by the other day and dropped some off. Needless to say, Finn has been bugging me to make them all week but I told him 'No, we have to save those for when Peter gets home,'" she said with a chuckle.

"Alright, well thanks mom! I'm just gonna go get settled upstairs and say hi to Finn. I'll be back down in a few!" I said as I rushed past them. Turning around in the doorway, I glanced between both of my parents. "Where is he anyway?"

Mom rolled her bright blue eyes, "Are you kidding? You're asking about Finn. That boy never leaves his room."

Dad chuckled to my relief, a sign that he was still his normal self. They began to walk inside the house, conversating amongst themselves. As I shot them a quick wave, I swiftly began to run up the staircase and popped my head into the doorway of my room. Everything looked to be in the exact place I left it, but I decided that further analyzing could wait til later. Making my way past the bathroom, I excitedly knocked on the door next to it.

"Hm?" Grumbled a voice from inside.

"Guess who?"

"Peter?!" Excitedly asked a masculine voice. As I heard the squeaking from the coils of his bed, I knew he would be nearing his door soon. So I prepared myself to get bombarded with questions of my visit to Earth.

© Lightning_Stryker 2017

Do you like hearing from Peter's POV so far?

Chapter 2 update coming on Wednesday! Stay tuned!