02: Peter & Finn

"Peter?!" Excitedly asked a masculine voice.

I never could get over the fact that Finn's squeaky, little boy voice was gone. It was odd to have such a deep voice coming from my little brother, but either way I had to understand that he was growing up. As I heard the swift shuffling of his footsteps, he threw his door open and shot me a big, boyish grin. Stepping my way into his room, he slammed the door shut and nearly bounced up and down.

"Did you bring me back anything?" He asked as stars danced within his green irises. As I looked at him, all I could see was my spitting image staring straight back at me. Besides the fact that his hair was a darker shade of brown, he had freckles, and he was two years younger, Finnegan Pan could literally steal my identity and get away with it.

"Hello to you too," I said while playfully rolling my eyes.

"I'm serious though, did you-"

"Shhh...," I whispered putting a finger to my lips. "Remember this is our secret. I'm not supposed to do this." His lips forming into a slight pout, he searched my expression to see if there was genuine anger behind my words.

"Sorry...," Grumbled Finn.

Shaking my head back in forth, I smiled. "I've always told you about your volume, Finn. Just try to keep it on a normal level."

Hanging his head in defeat, I took a seat next to him. Sitting on the soft cushion of his bed, I pulled a round object out of my pocket.

"Now, this my dear brother is something very near and dear to American culture....or at least it seems to be. I've seen quite a few of these before but only now managed to get one," I said as a light chuckle escaped my lips. In all honesty, it really was a struggle to get this item. I actually had to pick it up while the kids playing with it looked away.

Taking the object and placing it in his palm, Finnegan's eyes lit up with excitement. "What is this?" He asked as his eyes curiously scanned my expression. Tossing it from one palm to the other, he curiously rolled the spherical object in his hand.

"That is a baseball," I replied, matter-of-factly. "Kids of all ages love hitting it with a wooden stick and making it fly."

"But what fun is that?"

I chuckled, "It's a game mortals play. Since they can't fly, I guess that's the closest thing they have."

"Oh," Finn uttered as if he were trying to picture the image I verbally provided for him. After a few seconds of silence, he looked up and shot me that famous grin again. "How'd you managed to get this one Pete? Did ya steal it?" He said as he got on his floor and pulled a shoebox out from under his bed. Taking the lid off, he shuffled around a few other objects that I had brought him from other trips to Earth. Making a place for the baseball, he placed it in the box and stared at it in awe.

"Actually.....," Putting a nervous hand through my hair, Finn's dark green eyes widened in realization.

"Ohmypixiedust Peter, you stole it?"

"I wouldn't call it stealing...Maybe like borrowing it for forever."

"Pete, you-"

"Wasn't the only thing I stole...." I cut him off. Pacing the floor, Finn shook his head back and forth. Stopping and staring up at me, his button eyes rapidly scanned my pockets.

"You crook! What else did you steal?"

"Your name.....," I trailed off.

This made my brother's eyebrows meet at the middle of his forehead. "My name? How'd you do that?"

"Well I had to enroll into another school," I said with as my eyes sarcastically rolled.

"Poor you," he said with a chuckle.

"Seriously. But with that said, I needed a new last name and so I took your first name."

This made him laugh so hard that he had to hold his stomach. "You seriously cannot think of an original name? You just had to steal mine!"

"Well you were the first person I thought of, so yeah," I replied with a chuckle. As I shuffled on Finn's bed, a crinkling noise came from the depths of my hoodie pocket.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" I said as I pulled out the shiny, silver package. "Look at this!"

With googly eyes, Finn nearly began drooling over the tiny pastries in my hand. "I stole these from Laney's pantry."

"Who is Laney?" Finn asked as he got up and sat cross-legged on his rug.

"The last assignment I had. She was really nice...," I said as I trailed off. Finn cocked his head to the side as he analyzed my saddened expression. Just as I thought he was going to start digging for more information, he cracked a smirk. "What flavor are they this time?"

"Chocolate chip," I said as my hand began to teasingly shake the package before him.

"Ooooo you better share!" Said Finn. If he were some sort of pet, he would've been sticking his tongue out and wagging his tail. Desperate to get his hand on the package, he nearly jumped on me until we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. We each shot each other a wide-eyed look and as I threw the Poptarts at him, he knew what to do. He swiftly placed them in his shoebox, put the lid over it and swiftly slid it under his bed. If mom and dad saw that I was taking things home from Earth, I could get in big trouble. If The Council caught onto it, I could be in ever bigger trouble.

"Finn?" Asked my father before he came in.

"Yeah?" Replied Finn.

" Em is on the phone. She wanted to know if she could come over to get some help with some work after school tomorrow."

"Tell her yeah."

"Why don't you tell her yourself?"

"Dad," he whined. "I'm talking with Peter."

"Fine," stated my dad in defeat. He knew just how close Finn and I were and since I had just returned home, he had mercy on little Finn.

As we heard my father's footsteps descending the stairs, I raised a curious eyebrow at him.

"Em? Em as in Jack's sister, Ember Frost? Seriously?"

Finn's cheeks became a canvas of rosy pink that peeked out between the freckles that were sprinkled across his cheeks. As he twiddled with his thumbs and avoided eye contact, I stared at him.

Oh boy, we were in for a serious talk.

© Lightning_Stryker 2017

After struggling with a name for Jack's sister, decided to go with Ember because December ^_^

And yes, surprise! Peter has a baby brother! ^_^

Keep an eyes out for chappie 3!