✶One Plus One✶

Studying over my face, Peter's eyebrows scrunched together in a thinking manner. As his emerald green eyes studied every individual feature of my face, I felt myself blush. I could only wish that I learned to control this reflex.

Scribbling words in a notebook, we began our wonderful exchange of notes once again.

Okay is it Sarah?

Pretty name, but no.

Alice?

You really need to try harder.

Placing his hand around his chin, a bright smile took over his face and managed to also take away my breath. Seriously, this boy had some kind of magical quality to him.

Swiftly running his pencil across the paper, he shifted the notebook over to me.

Petunia? You look like a Petunia.

Petunia? I looked like I could be named Petunia? That was definitely a new one. Usually people would tell me that I looked like a Becky or a Samantha, but never in my life had I ever heard that I looked like a Petunia.

Cute name, but no.

Well I'm stumped. Can I at least get a hint?

You've probably never heard it before.

Glaring at me, he scribbled down another name.

Zelaria?

Nope.

Shaking my head back and forth, I mouthed to him "Give up."

Reciprocating my expression, he mouthed, "Never!"

Suddenly clearing his throat, our teacher's attention turned toward us. "Mr. Finnegan, Ms. Riverdale. I would hope that you were paying attention to the lecture. Laney and Peter, please make your way up here and solve this problem," He demanded, pointing his dry erase marker toward the board. Peter on the other hand was grinning like a child beside me since my name had unwillingly been revealed.

Sitting up straighter in his chair, Peter stared at the board. "Well sir, there's no need to go up there since the answer is obviously two over pi. I'm sure my new friend here knows that. She seems like a smart cookie."

Friends? Since when did we become friends?

Looking flabbergasted, the teacher responded with a simple. "You are correct Peter. Wow you must've had a rigorous course at your old school."

"You could say something like that," he said smirking.

Saving my entire life, the bell rang and I couldn't be more grateful. Throwing his bookbag over one of his shoulders, he sent me a devious smirk and said, "See you around Laney."

Then we both went our separate paths.

© Lightning_Stryker 2016