Good things never last

No one's pov

"My daughter! Let me see her." Loki said. He knew his wife would bounce back immediatly. Agardian women always did after giving birth.

"Loki, watch her head my love." Sygin said. She smiled at the both of them.

"She seems so fragile. What should we name her?" He walked over to a window looking for something as if the perfect name would come from the sky. And it actually did. Just then the moonlight hit the quiet, sleeping child.

"Luna. Her name should be Luna. She's as beautiful as the moon and as silent and well behaved as the night." Just then the night was not so quiet. It was filled with a door opening and slamming. Thor, Sif, and the Warriors Three had entered the room.

"Is that my nephew, brother?"

"No. It is your niece, Luna." Loki replied simply.

"Can I hold her?" Hogun asked startling everyone.

"Of course." Sygin replied with a smile. Hogun held her carefully. Then as if by a miracle, Hogun, the grim, smiled.

"My goodness! The child is miracle worker. I fear I may lose the title for dashing. It may be past for beauty! She will leave a string of broken hearts were ever she goes." Fandral jested.

"I will have to wait for her to be older until I can teach her how to spar." Sif added.

"She needs meat on her bones! Look at her, already she's too thin!" Volstagg chimed in jest.

Then a sudden explosion rocked the palace. Little did they know that Fire souls and the fay (from Midgard) had attacked. All they knew was get the child to safty.

"Loki, get Luna to safety. Take her to the bifrost. We'll hold off whatever's caused this." Sygin spoke rapidly. Loki, for once, did as told and took his daughter to safety.

Meanwhile, Thor, Sygin, Sif, and The warriors three had been fighting off the fire souls. The fay had gone after Loki and Luna.

"Sif!! Look out!" Sygin jumped in front of Sif and took a blade to the stomach.

"Fall back!!! Get back to the portal!" One of the leading Fire souls shouted.

~~~~

Loki heard footsteps. Thinking Sygin had come he turned around. A blade cut Luna's right arm. Just below her shoulder. Deep enough to leave a scar but not enough to kill the new born. Loki sprinted to the bifrost. He didn't stop until he was at the portal in the bifrost. There he sent Luna to Midgard, unaware of what had befallen his wife. They reached a clearing and Loki set Luna down on a patch of thorn-less roses. "Be safe my little Luna." He saw a motorycle coming and hid behind a tree.

Steve Rogers road along the freeway until he heard a baby's cries. He pulled over and saw a weeping baby in a patch of roses. "My god, who would leave this poor child here? It's alright kid-o. I'll be your daddy." He rocked the child softly. The cries became quieter.

Loki saw this and felt such a huge wave of sorrow. He felt like his heart was being ripped from his chest. "I will find you again my Luna. I'll bring you home, when it's safe." He promised in a whisper. He left Midgard, and returned to Asgard. He learned the fate that had befallen upon his wife. The wound in her stomach had killed her. That day he became colder. And swore Asgard would have it's princess back. One day. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in a century, but he would have his daughter back.