That day and secret bonding

After the show I walked back to library. This is one of those nights where Papa doesn't notice I'm gone because he's to busy being on a date with Kate!! Don't get me wrong I love Kate, I would actually love to be able to call her Mom, but Papa just doesn't notice anything that doesn't invole her anymore.

I walked into my hide out through the back door. Lizzy was right there waiting for me. All purring and happy to see me. She was carrying my little rag doll Antonie gave me when I was 8. I kept walking until I got to the blue room on the second floor. This was the room I used when I needed to get away from home. Lizzy started hissing at the door.

"What is Lizzy? Who's there!" I shouted. "Outsiders are not welcomed in here! Get out!" I moved toward a shelf which had a knife behind it.

"Calm down, it's only me," A voice, Loki's, shouted from the door.

"Oh, sorry. Lizzie stop, he's a friend. We're in here," I called out glaring at my little black cat.

"What are you doing here, again? I thought you would have gone home to your father, or at least have gone home at all." Loki satated.

"Not tonight. Antonie is at Ryan's house and Papa's on a date. I didn't want to be home alone. Well, since your here, I owe you a story since you were nice, and you're advise worked. Sit down." I walked to a bean bag chair and plopped down. Loki looked awkward with his knees to his chin. I swear, it took everything in me not to laugh like a phycopath. "The day I got this place was the happiest, and the worst day of my life."

◇◆◇◆◇Flash back 5 years◆◇◆◇◆

"Happy birthday. Now let's you back home Rose. You have a party to host," Uncle Nick smiled at me after giving me a full tour of the library. It was super coolest way to start off my 8th birthday. It made so happy I thought I was going to die for being so happy! We went home and Papa helped me into my blue dress with a green bow and my little black Mary Janes. I got a hair cut for this party, it looked like it was in a bob so Ashley would have the same hair styles and wearing the same colors. When the party started we all played a bunch of games. When we did the presents Ashley gave me neckalce with a blue rose one it. Uncle Phil gave me a little black kitty, he said she would be a familer that only a good soul would have. Antonie gave me a doll that he made himself. She had a red dress, green yarn for hair, and black botton eyes. Papa gave a book of poems. When the party ended around 8:00 P.M. Papa told me he had something important.

He looked scared, but that couldn't right. He was a grown up, what did he have to be scared about? "Princess, I love you. You know how Ashley is adopted, well you're like Ashley. Sweetheart, you're adopted. I found you bleeding from your arm on the side of a freeway, that's why you have a scar on your right arm. Biologicaly, you're not mine, but I love you like you were my own."

"YOU'RE LYING!! YOU DON'T LOVE ME, YOU LIED TO ME MY WHOLE LIFE! MY LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE!!!" I screamed, and ran out of our house with my doll and the kitty was following me. I ran and ran like my life depended on it, and I didn't stop until I was in the blue room of my library. I jumped on a bean bag and cried. I felt like I was going to drown in my tears and no one would care if I did. When I stopped crying I looked at the bookshelf right infront of me. The book in the very bottom looked lonely. It was the only one on that side of the shelf. I bent down and grabbed it. It was a book of poems. I dropped it because it reminded me of one Pap. No. That mean man gave me. It fell open to a page. In big print one of poem titles was called 'The Truth At Last.'

The poem was about a girl who was 19 and found out she was adopted, like me. Only, she smiled when she was told that. She thought it was better to know the truth about who she was than live a lie. She still called the lady who lied to her 'Mother' because she thought the people who raise and love you are your family, not just the people who you're related to.

Maybe this girl, Elizabeth, was right. Papa did raise me, and when he told me he looked so scared. I know Antonie and I aren't related and I still call him my brother. I definatly know that Uncle Nick and Uncle Phil are not my uncles. Yeah, that girl had the right idea, but about her real parents?

Didn't they love her? Did my real parents even love me? Why did they give me away, and while I was bleeding!? No, those people didn't love or they wouldn't have left me. Why did they leave me, though? It doesn't matter, they probably aren't even looking for me.

Looking for me. PAPA! I have to go home! I ran home and the kitty followed me with the doll in it's mouth. I decieded three things that day. 1) The kitty's name is Lizzy, short for Elizabeth.2) The doll's name shall be Coraline, like the book Ashley gave me. 3) As long as you have love, you have a family.

☆★☆★Back to present day☆★☆★

"And that's what happened. That's why this place is so sacred to me. Pretty weird story, huh?"

"I suppose, but that day changed you didn't it."

"I guess. That's why I'm helping you. So, that little girl with black hair and green eyes doesn't have to grow up asking 'Why me?'" I told him. I smiled. "At least she's getting someone pretty cool and understanding for a dad."