Chapter Two

"Bessy! Hey!" Jackie walked up to stand beside Joe's wife. Bessy was showing off pictures of her one year old daughter to the crew. "I didn't know you were going to be on set today."

"Yeah. I got the day off so I said I'd come down and help out if they needed anything." Her smile filled her face and lit up her eyes.

"It's nice to have another woman around. Let's chat later, ok?" Jackie leaned in and hugged her. "I've got to get this stuff to the guys. I'll see you around."

Bessy nodded and Jackie walked toward the room where the guys always gathered to brainstorm the day. She knew all of the guys would be there by now.

They beat her to set every day. It didn't matter how early she woke up and got started, the four jokers were sitting in their chairs already down to business when she arrived. It didn't help that she had to run their errands before she could actually show up for work.

Jackie pushed the door opened and all four heads turned to look at her at once. She was still angry with Brian, Sal and Murr, so she chose to greet Joe first.

"Hey, Joe. I got your salad and your lemonade." She sat the bag she had been carrying on the table and fished out the items she had for each guy.

She pushed the things for the other three guys in front of them without saying a word.

"I saw Bessy. She looks great. Showing off that sweetie of yours too." Jackie kept her attention on Joe and she could see the confusion on his face. "I'm going to stop by one day this week and get my things from your house. You don't need them hanging around there now that you're married."

"Just bring them to my house." Brian spoke up. Jackie shot him a quick glance before turning back to Joe without acknowledging him.

"First of all, everything you have at my house is in the guest room, so it's no problem. Just leave it there. You never know when you might need it. And secondly, why do these three guys look like the cat that ate the canary? Why the cold shoulder?" Joe asked her.

Jackie stole a slice of chicken off the top of Joe's salad and leaned against the wall. She popped the chicken in her mouth and waited until she had swallowed it before speaking.

"Brian? Sal? Murr? You want to tell him or should I?" She looked at each of the guys as she said their names before looking back at Joe. "I had a date last night."

"How'd it go?" Joe asked, still clearly confused.

Joe had stopped playing the ruin Jackie's dates game once he and Bessy started dating.

"It didn't." Jackie said. "I took a shower at Brian's because I didn't have time to get back to my house. I had dropped off his dry cleaning and fed his cats," she glared at Brian now. "And was going to get ready at his place since it was too far back to mine. These fuckballs show up early from Vegas and stole my clothes. So I ended up dressed in Brian's oversized sweats."

"Hey, I told you that you could have the dress." Brian piped up, trying to defend his actions.

"Well, I mean, it's clear he's in love with you. He's just trying to keep you from dating anybody else. Maybe he thinks if there's no one but him left, he'll stand a chance." Joe laughed off the childish game and went back to eating his salad.

Murr and Sal were staring straight at their food but Brian's eyes were locked on Jackie when she looked over at him.

"I've got to go get some props together." Jackie reached down the table for the notebook she recognized sitting by Brian's hand. "Anything you all need before I do that?"