Chapter Seven

"I'm guessing there's a reason why you are picking me up and not Jackie." Sal climbed in to the passenger's seat and sounded annoyed.

"Why didn't you and Murr just ask me or Joe to drive you? You knew we were going to the same place. Jackie has other things she has to do for you fucks." Brian wasn't annoyed, but Sal's attitude made it difficult to stay that way.

"She's always been the one to drive us to early morning shoots. Guess I'll have to see your ugly ass face from now on." Sal slumped against the door and closed his eyes.

"She wanted to quit." Brian kept his eyes on the road. "She said it's time for her to move on."

"Shut up. Really?" Sal sat up straight again and rubbed a hand over his face. "Why? We would be lost without her. You're not going to let her quit are you?"

Brian heard the panic in Sal's voice and chuckled.

"It's not my choice what she does. But, no, I don't think she's going to quit. I think she was just feeling overwhelmed and from now on it's our job to make sure she's not. And that, my friend, is why I am your taxi driver today."

"I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the no doubt amazing sex you had last night, does it." Sal said it matter-of-factly and then laughed.

"You will never know." Brian refused to spill the details of the night he and Jackie had shared. Those were his private memories and he'd hold on to them for the rest of his life.

He pulled in front of Murr's apartment and shrugged when he saw the confused look on his friend's face.

"I thought Jackie was coming." Murr protested as he got in the back of the jeep.

"Brian wore her out last night and she couldn't even get out of bed this morning." Sal chimed in and then flinched when Brian hit him across the chest with the back of his hand.

"No!" Murr shouted. "You scored that on the first date?" Murr covered his mouth and giggled.

"I did not tell Sal that. He assumed." Brian said. These guys would never get the truth out of him.

The rest of the car ride was spent with Sal and Murr trying to coax the full story out of Brian and making up stories when he refused to tell them what really happened. By the time he pulled in to the parking garage near their shooting area, he couldn't wait to get away from them.

He parked, took his keys and got out, leaving Sal and Murr still sitting in the jeep making up stories.

**********************************************************************************

Brian insisted that Jackie let him swing by and pick up Sal and Murr. Since he was going to the same place as them, there was no reason for her to do it.

She knew it would give him a chance to address their questions before she was bombarded with them. She wasn't complaining. Having Brian chauffeur the guys meant she'd get a shower in after all.

She stepped under the steaming water and let it engulf her. As the water ran over her face and down her body, she thought about waking up in Brian's arms. She knew from their many conversations that Brian didn't often have women staying over. She loved knowing that he was comfortable enough to let her stay with him in his bed.

Jackie turned, letting the water hit her back as she lathered her sponge. As she washed, she let her to do list for the day run through her head. It would be a long day and she was even more thankful for the shower now that she realized how much she actually had to do.

She finished the shower and dressed quickly. As she headed downstairs, she heard her text tone coming from her purse.

Sal and Murr say hi.