Chapter Three

"For this challenge we'll be pairing up. Each team will have to perform the actions given to them by the other two guys. If you can't perform the actions, you lose!" Joe gave the introduction to the next challenge they were filming.

"Alright, who's up?" Murr questioned.

"Sal and Joe are up first." Brian said.

Sal and Joe took their places behind the counter at the donut shop they were filming at. While Brian and Murr were waiting for the crew to be ready, they started talking.

"So what's the deal? When's the date?" Murr asked about Brian's date with Jackie.

"I don't know. I gotta find her and work the details out." Brian took a sip of water and looked around the set. "I thought she'd be here. I guess she's not coming to set today."

"Send her a text, man." Murr encouraged.

Hey, you coming to set? Brian sent the text and waited for a reply.

"I asked her out one time." Murr broke the silence. "You know what she told me?"

Brian laughed and shook his head.

"I hope she fucking told you no. You know we wouldn't have let that happen, right?" Brian teased.

"She said, and I'm quoting, 'I can't date any of you guys. It's against my own rules. But if I did, Brian's more my type.'" Murr looked at Brian with pursed lips and nodded furiously. "That's what she said to me. I was devastated."

"Why the fuck didn't you ever tell us that?" Brian asked.

"Because if I couldn't have her I didn't want you to either." Murr turned back to the t.v. monitor and picked up the microphone that they used to communicate during the show. He didn't want to admit that knowing Brian stood a better chance than him really hurt.

"Alright, so Sal and Joe are all set, ready to get to work." Murr said in to the microphone. "Go ahead and just try one of those donuts out, Joe."

"Don't threaten me with a good time." Joe smiled at the camera and grabbed a chocolate iced donut and shoved it in to his mouth while the customers standing at the counter stared in horror.

"Hey, Sal." Brian said to get Sal's attention. "Stand behind Joe."

Sal stood behind Joe.

"Now, wrap your arms around him and Joe you put your arms behind Sal. So Sal's your arms now."

Brian and Murr were dying laughing at the sight of Sal pressed up against Joe's body, trying to be his arms.

"Pack the donuts for this lady like that." Murr said.

Sal and Joe tried to move in unison, but Sal couldn't see what he was doing, so several donuts fell on the floor.

"Pick 'em up!" Murr and Brian shouted at the same time. "Put them in her box."

Brian felt his phone vibrate and he took it out of his pocket.

Dropping fan mail by each house. Then phone calls for tomorrow's shoot. Need something? Jackie had replied to his text.

Make the calls from my place. I'll be back at 8. Your dress is in the closet. He typed back, hoping she'd agree to the date for tonight.

Ok. She kept her reply short and to the point.

"Are you even playing this game, or what?" Murr tapped him on the arm with the microphone.

"Yeah, just making reservations." Brian sent a text to a friend who owned a restaurant downtown Manhattan and then turned his attention back to the show.