Chapter Twenty

"What about Carter?" Jackie scanned the book of baby names and called out the first one that sounded good to her.

"Absolutely not." Murr replied. "Too normal."

"I think these are my babies." Brian shook his head at Murr. "You don't get a choice in their name."

"Well, she didn't ask you specifically. And if you didn't want my opinion you shouldn't be here in the conference room discussing it with everyone present." Murr stuck his tongue out at Brian like they were in grade school.

"I actually want everyone's opinion." Jackie laid the book down and walked to where Brian was sitting. "But yours is the most important." She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed the scruff on his cheek.

He flashed a huge grin in Murr's direction.

"See. Mine's most important. That's her way of politely saying fuck off with your opinion, Murr."

Jackie laughed and then stood up straight to stretch her back. Eight months of carrying twins had been hard on her small frame. Standing with a slight sway to her lower back was the only position that she found comfortable.

Brian turned in his chair and reached out for her swollen belly. He placed his hands on both sides and gently massaged it.

"Hey little guys." He whispered to the stomach. "What would you like your names to be? How about Soda and Pop. Or what about Spider and Man?"

"You're terrible." Jackie playfully pushed his hands away.

"Are you feeling ok?" Brian's expression turned serious as he looked up at her. "You tossed and turned all night last night. You have to be exhausted."

"You know, Bessy had trouble getting comfortable in her third trimester too." Joe said.

Jackie nodded.

"I'm glad the c-section is soon. I can't wait to hold them and finally sleep normally again."

"Oh, you will never sleep normal again." Joe shook his head and grinned.

"Not helping, Joe." Brian shot him a sideways glance.

"What?" Joe shrugged. "Just telling you the truth."

Brian looked back at Jackie.

"I've got some things to do today to get ready for this last tour. Will you be okay?" Brian worried about her as the due date got closer and he hated having to leave her so close to the end of the pregnancy.

"I'll be fine. I've got to do a few things too. And Bessy and their little bundle of beautiful is staying with me until you guys get back." She saw the concern in his furrowed brow and sat in his lap. "Don't worry. I'll be fine. The tour is just on this coast. You won't be far away and I'll be in good hands."

"Thanks again, Joe, for letting Bessy forgo her own duties to help Jackie." Brian said.

"Are you kidding? She's so excited I couldn't have stopped her." Joe laughed.

Brian brushed his fingers over Jackie's cheek. He tangled his fingers into her hair and pulled her mouth to his.

"Oh, get a room." Sal rolled his eyes and pretended to vomit.

"This is a room." Brian said while he stared into Jackie's eyes before stealing one more quick kiss.

"Okay I'm going." Jackie stood and stretched her back again. "I'll see you tonight."

Brian nodded as he stood too.

"I love you." He pulled her close to him, letting their foreheads meet. "Don't overdo it. Anything you need done, I can do as soon as I'm done with the guys."