3- Slap Me with a Hot dog & Call Me Kaitlyn

Chapter three: Slap Me with a Hot dog & Call Me Kaitlyn

"The doctor said it was only grade one sprained ankle, consider yourself lucky or else it could've affected your dancing deeply sweetheart

"The doctor said it was only grade one sprained ankle, consider yourself lucky or else it could've affected your dancing deeply sweetheart." My mid-forties mother, with her short blonde hair in a pixie cut that she managed to pull off, delivered the news.

"If it's not much of a big deal, why does it still hurt?" I wailed out, taking my pillow from my light pink decorated room.

She restrained the urge into shaking her head at me, her hazel eyes with bags under showing how really tired she is. She sat down at the corner of my bed with a little hunch, her scrubs still on. "You'll have that bandage on your foot, because the more it's compressed the faster your foot heals-"

I squinted at my mother's medical talk, "I only speak English, and understand a bit of French. Care to translate?"

My mother patted my injured foot.

"Mom, ow!"

She laughed at my agony state. "Meaning sweetheart, no dancing from five to fourteen days."

"What?"

"Good night, baby." My mom bids with a soft laughter of hers, planting a small kiss on my forehead before leaving me.

Ever since I was in eight grade, I've taken dance class on the same studio every weekend. And now this happens, meaning I have to skip dance rehearsals for Regionals.

Ain't life just peachy.

My mind wandered over to Angel. He is something. I almost snickered at the thought, when my favorite song came on the radio and I had to hold myself to shout out the lyrics in my state. When he left me home, thank God my mom came early due to her shift being called off. Resulting into her questioning who gave me a ride home, and what the hell happened to my foot.

My phone blew up all of a sudden, sending out four notifications, two from different apps I managed to recognized. The first one, was of Keekee having texted me through Snapchat and the other one-

No. Fucking. Way.

Cue a dolphin mixed with a pig type of squeal coming out from me. "Oh my God, oh my God. Someone pinch me."

@itzlorenzou12 started following you on ig.

@itzlorenzou12 liked your post 30s ago.

Is this real? Is this real life? Lorenzo never ever had followed me on any social media, till now. He barely follows people, besides some YouTubed and his group of friends. See, my plan is working after all.

Chewing on my nails out of a bad habit I picked to whenever I got nervous, and went on my instagram to see that he had liked my last post.

My phone started blasting off Kim Possible all of a sudden startling me, but then I laughed realizing it was Keekee calling me

"Beeeetch, I have some tea to spill about a catfight. And I also wanna know how phase two went for you."

"Okay, you go first. Because I have a pretty interesting story, that kinda ends with me having an injured foot and a special somebody following me on Instagram!" I said in a song-song voice, barely holding my excitement. Lorenzo having acknowledged my presence on the internet, made me felt as if I were on Cloud 9. So high off life right now, that not even my throbbing foot is a bother at the moment.

Keekee gasped when my last words sunk in,"You're bluffing."

I squealed, yet again,"Nope, I got proof."

Fast forward; me sending Keekee screenshots, me telling her how phase two blew up on my face, where she laughed on my face, how this Angel guy that might be cute for her helped me out, and finally the part where Lorenzo noticed me on the internet.

"Nah, your story time turned my tea into not tea. If you know what I mean."

"Keekee, no. I really don't know what you mean."

"Anyways, nite boo!" With one last laugh, we both hung up on each other.

I scrolled through more Instagram, then opened my laptop to keep binge-ing on The Vampire Diaries. At last as soon as sleep caught up to me hours later, when I was about to shut my laptop off grudgingly I could hear the faint sound of a bang of a door followed with loud cursed words. Heaving a deep sigh, I grabbed unto my pillow and shut my eyes.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Well I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart-" Four days in, and I still can't get that pirouette right without wobbling. "Stupid foot!"

"Dancing won't take away the pain." A familiar voice rang around the studio, popping my personal bubble while so. Huh, if it isn't Angel.

During the entire week, I noticed that he would always skip school after lunch. Disappear to God-knows-where. There's already rumors about him doing dangerous things, which I won't even say cause' they are so overrated and dumb to even believe.

As for me, while everyone gossips at lunch today I managed to swallow my entire food and leaving Keekee alone for her to fend for herself, just so I could practice a little bit of my Regionals routine. And nothing.

"At least not the physical one." He added, leaning against the door. My eyes fleeted to his retro camera that he was gripping. Must be a phase of his.

I didn't comment on what he said, instead I got up from the floor and crossed my arms over my chest with a smug expression,"Look who's stalking now."

He raised an eyebrow, chuckling lowly to himself. "Don't go ahead of yourself Kaitlyn. I was told from a friend, that this studio could be a nice hangout spot since nobody uses it. But then here we are." Angel smiled, sarcastically.

I scoffed, he doesn't even know my name. "My name's not Kaitlyn-"

"I know, but you look like a Kaitlyn." He stated proudly, before sliding down until he was sat on the floor. I copied his actions, seating down on the floor also. We were across each other, about more than two yards away if mathematically speaking.

"You do realize you're hanging out with a junior?"

"I prefer your company over the ones from my grade, who are probably laughing at some shitty vines as we speak." Angel stated earnestly, blowing a strand of his hair that was right in his forehead.

"Ey, vines aren't shitty."

"They are."

"Ugh-" my annoyance quickly disappeared, once a lightbulb was turned on inside my brain. I beamed to myself, at the corner of my mind I think I saw a flash resound but I was too excited to pay attention to it. "You're a boy!"

"Why Kaitlyn, I didn't quite notice." Angel sarcastically bit back, glancing down at his crotch then back at me with a sly smirk. Slightly tilting his head to the side.

"Since Keekee is a girl, she can't really give me good advice. But you can."

"Why would I help you-?"

"Tell me Angel," I leaned forward curiously,"How can I make a guy fall for me?"