5. Another dragon?

Levy's P.O.V.

(Short flashback)

"Gajeel, you didn't say you would bring a guest with you. How could you convince such a pretty young lady to -
Levy?!"

(Told you it's short, let's continue)

The man, or creature, she faced now was completely different than Gajeel. He was even bigger than the half dragon, his muscular body totally covered with dark, black fur. He wore green trousers and a dark orange belt. On his shoulders, there was a big sword. Besides his impressive appearance, he smiled at her. Though she was scared, she took a step forward and smiled back. Finally, a person who showed her a smile.

"How do you know my name? Did we have the pleasure of meeting before?", she asked still happy about meeting a creature that liked her right away. And was actually nice to her.
The man looked down at himself and pointed her to wait a second. And then, something amazing happened. In a matter of seconds, the big creature disappeared and on his place stood a little cat instead.

"Do you remember now Miss Levy? I am sorry that I had to misled you the first time we had the pleasure of meeting, but Grumpy over there didn't want me to reveal myself to you before he knows you".

Levy just stood there in shock, but after a few moments of realization she ran up to him and picked him up, pressing him against her body and stroking his head. As always, Lily laid his head on her breast and relaxed immediately.

The solid script mage giggled and kissed his little head.
"You could have told me earlier Lily, but I am happy you are okay. I thought maybe something had happened to you since the last time you visited me."

"You know each other?".

Levy looked back up and turned around to the half dragon, just to notice how close he stood to her. His harsh voice suited his facial expression. His brows were contracted, his eyes smaller and his lips just a thin line. He was angry. When Lily got out of her arms and jumped down on the ground again, Gajeel's look followed him. Yep, definitely angry.
Levy still faced him and didn't take a step back, even if he was really close. When she coughed slightly, his attention was drawn back on her. His crimson eyes didn't let go of her now. Why was he so angry?

"Most of the time I lived in the village, I worked at a beautiful library. One day, it stormed heavily outside and when I wanted to leave to go home, a little harmed black cat failed to push the door open. I took him in my arms, closed the library and went back home. After a lot of time, I could convince him to take a bath and i treated his wound. The next day, he wasn't there anymore but Lily visited me in the library every now and then ... but then the visits stopped all of a sudden". She sighed and looked back at Lily whom's eyes looked kind of guilty at her.

"I am sorry for that Miss Levy but we had to leave for a while and I couldn't tell you that I'm going to leave ... I hope you can forgive me that". He looked at her with big, sad eyes and she could never have said no to that cute face. Levy nodded and smiled at him, finally turning her attention back to the half dragon.

Gajeel's look was uninterpretable, showing no emotion at all. He just stared at them, Levy couldn't tell if that was his normal look or if he was annoyed about them to know each other already. She noticed that his body quavered while he turned around, just assuming she would follow him anyways. With big steps, he walked through the forest, not taking notice about the surrounding nature. Not taking notice about her, standing still in the same stiff position. A pulling on her dress caused her to look down again at Lily.

"Just follow him, he's always like that." She nodded and hurried to follow him. Just a few meters away was the beginning of another high mountain. Gajeel didn't stop in his tracks in front of it and went straight to the ivy that covered the mountain in that spot. She followed him curious, opening her eyes wide when he put the thick layers of ivy aside and stepped through it, immediately disappearing behind the leaves. Levy hurried to catch up to him and realized, that there was no dead end, no high stone wall in front of them. Instead, there was a path through the mountain. Gajeel walked into the cave and disappeared after a few steps in the dark.