9. The past

I have already 21 votes and over 270 reads on that story ... I can't tell how much that means to me. Thank you!
____________________________________________________________

Levy's P.O.V.

„Again ".

„How often do I have to do that Gajeel? ", she asked sighing and stood back up again. Her butt began to hurt, always getting thrown on the ground wasn't really healthy. Her partner just looked at her.

"Until you can dodge me".

A moan in annoyance came over her lips, so loud Gajeel just couldn't not hear it. His only response was looking directly in her eyes and chuckle

"That won't help ya shrimp! Again!".

They had left early this morning after a short dinner. Lily, who still didn't reveal what their punishment for losing to him would be, had his first thought already on his mind. In the morning, he told Gajeel about his first wish and his friend was really furious at him, whereas he had to prepare all the juices for him (since Gajeel still didn't show Levy how to cook and Lily didn't want to be poisoned by her).

She had felt much better this morning after the second massage from Gajeel. Due to her wellbeing, he wasn't planning on being compassionate to her. After a long run through the forest, meanwhile he always motivated her on running faster, he decided they would concentrate on her moves this day. It was all about speed and dodging attacks from possible offenders.

"I'll try to punch you with my hands, but I'll not gonna tell ya with which one I'm going to attack ya.
Understood shrimp?"

That was the only explanation he gave her and she nodded, preparing mentally for her future as a living punching bag. The first one hit her on her arm, he had attacked with his right hand, faster than she was able to react. Her only response to his fist was screaming. But his attack didn't hurt. Right before he had touched her, he lowered his speed to a minimum and it felt like a feather brushed her skin.

"That's how ya should NOT react shrimp. I know you can do that better! Again".

After a while, she could dodge or block his attacks, know exactly which hand he would use to attack her. Every time he used the right hand, his fist began to tremble a little. She was lucky, it didn't take her long to find that out, but she had learned since she was a little kid to study everything that happened around her. To be prepared for everything and anytime.
Gajeel stopped after a while and let her rest for a moment.

"That wasn't that bad shrimp, ya have a good look at things. Lily took it way longer to see that."

"I can hear you Gajeel! That's not the time to reveal something bad about me, or do you want to run back and make me more juices?", the black exceed had asked, sitting under a nearby tree, watching them while drinking his fifth kiwi juice. Levy giggled at Gajeel's look and stance, seeing how hard he tried to keep quiet and not insulting his friend or ran over to him to begin a fight.
At the sound of her giggling, he had turned back, an evil grin appeared on his lips. She gulped.

"If ya think it's funny, I'll show ya your punishment for today shorty.
I'll stop making the sign with my right hand, ya have to know it now."

Now she finally noticed what he just said and groaned annoyed. So he had known about his shaking fist, he just wanted to know if she would be able to see it. That movement was totally on purpose. She should have known that. In front of her stood a half dragon, a warrior who fought many fights before. Of course, he controlled every single movement of his body, even if it was just something like a little twitch in his hand. Looking at her frustrated face, he chuckled again.