13. Going home

Hey guys, before you start reading, please tell me if you want a time schedule so you know when the chapters will be published instead of publishing one or two chapters completely spontaneous each week ;)

All of you who don't know my other stories, check them out at my profile, I actually updated my other story along with this chapter.
__________

Gajeel's P.O.V.

The first thing he noticed was laying in his own bed. The warm mattress under him was just perfect for his body, not too hard, not too soft. But this would have been a normal night if there wasn't the second thing he notices. A little woman laid next to him who breathed calm on his chest. His arms were wrapped around her, pressing her securely against his body and kept her warm and safe. Shorty's head laid in the crook of his neck, breathing softly against his skin, sending shivers down his spine. Even her hands touched him, they were holding tight onto his long hair, probably caressing him before falling asleep.

He didn't remember walking over to his bed or waiting for her to fall asleep like he did every other day. The last thing he remembered was her head on his lap and her soft voice being interrupted by his best friend. Neither was he interested in their conversations nor was he able to concentrate on their words or the movie on the television. His vision went blurry while his fingers brushed through her soft hair, holding her close to him so she wouldn't leave him again. He probably fell asleep.

He hated that special day more than anything else. His father made him vulnerable and he didn't like that. Black Steel Gajeel was cold-hearted, cruel and definitely not vulnerable at any point. At least that was what the world thought. He cared about his friends, the family he found in Fairytail and about his father, though he had left him so many years ago. His father had always been a nice man to him, strong and strict, but Gajeel had always known he loved his child as much as his son loved his father. And then, he just went away, without saying a word to him. For a long time, he had felt abandoned, left alone because of his own fault, though he had done everything he could to make his father happy. The fact that all the other dragon slayer's had the same experience with their parents made him feel a little better because it proved his assumption that there was something bigger behind their disappearance than all of them thought. Whatever it was, it must have been hard for them to leave her children too ... but still, Gajeel couldn't forgive his father. A word, a letter, anything would have made him feel better, he wanted to understand what happened with them! He would have been able to understand why he left his son who wanted to make his father proud.

This had happened many years ago and he shouldn't be so down because of that event anymore. Levy was the last person he wanted to hurt in any way possible. Rescuing her was one of the best choices he had made in his life so far and he wasn't planning on letting her go anytime soon. She was still his and as a dragon, he hated to lose his treasures.

Carefully getting out of her grip, he sat up on the bed, his hands running over his face. His forehead felt too hot. Leaving Levy in his bed, he walked over to the bathroom.

Levy's P.O.V.

Her eyes shot open when she heard the bang. This wasn't a breaking noise; it was a falling down noise. Still in the middle of the night, she jumped off the bed and walked over to the bathroom where the bang had come from. She had an assumption what caused this noise, from the fact that the half dragon wasn't sleeping next to her. Before she stormed into the bathroom, someone opened the bedroom door and Lily peeked through the small slip, looking at her and following her when she nodded in the direction of the bathroom.

The door was wide open, and when the two looked into the room, Levy fell down on her knees and crawled over to Gajeel. The half dragon just laid on the ground, the faucet was turned on, so he probably was about to wash his face when he fell down on the ground. She took his head in her hands and placed him on her lap, looking carefully at him. His eyes opened when he felt the warmth on the back of his head.